Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2017 4:46:41 AM EDT
where should you aim? I wondered after watching this.

Long Range Rondane nr80 Shooting from barricade
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#1]
You're intended target.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
You will have to hold an offset which can be different from rifle to rifle with scope height. A hold of 1 mil high and 1 mil right or left depending on the side you are holding either ejection port up or down is a good point to start. Put up a big piece of paper at 100 and test it.
View Quote
So my mind was on the right track. Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Hold high, magazine side, to accommodate which way you might have the rifle orientated. Now granted I've only done sideways with M4's, but high side magazine side works for me out to 100, beyond that I run out of skill.

Some people when shooting out of a hole that's low approach it either by bending over, both knees on the ground, with rifle in its normal shouldered position, rotating the rifle sideways magazine towards torso, and I've seen people prone out and get as low as possible and the magazine away from torso, hence knowing where the magazine is orientated will dictate aiming point.

Hope that both makes sense and helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top