Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2017 8:39:15 PM EDT
What is the difference between the two groups?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#1]
same as the difference between IDPA and USPSA/IPSC.  NRL is a splinter group that didn't like the PRS rules and organization.  After the recent change in ownership of the PRS, my prediction is that everybody is going to get back on the PRS bandwagon, but there will always be little start ups trying to compete.   Actually I think there have been at least 3, arguably 4 or more groups that started their own series in the past year or two.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By taliv:
same as the difference between IDPA and USPSA/IPSC.  NRL is a splinter group that didn't like the PRS rules and organization.  After the recent change in ownership of the PRS, my prediction is that everybody is going to get back on the PRS bandwagon, but there will always be little start ups trying to compete.   Actually I think there have been at least 3, arguably 4 or more groups that started their own series in the past year or two.
View Quote
Thank you for the update.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the difference is the "Jerseys"  
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#4]
They both offer multiple matches in a points race style season. I don't know the inner workings but is good to have more people supporting those who are looking at improving their long range experience whether it be PRS or NRL. I don't know which is better as I have only participated in the NRL22 matches offered here in NV. The bottom line is it is now easier than ever to improve your knowledge is this mystic black art/science.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#5]
There are many but they're mostly pretty minor. The big difference for me has been the entry fee into matches and what's on the prize table at those matches. Admittedly I haven't done many NRL matches so that may be an unfair assessment. Just what I've seen.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
There are many but they're mostly pretty minor. The big difference for me has been the entry fee into matches and what's on the prize table at those matches. Admittedly I haven't done many NRL matches so that may be an unfair assessment. Just what I've seen.
View Quote
What are you talking about?  PRS and NRL matches have similar cost of entry and both have prize tables.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#7]
All of the PRS matches I've done have had much higher entry costs than NRL matches. PRS matches have had prize tables. NRL has not. Thought that was pretty clear. Like I said, not done a lot of NRL matches.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 1:30:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TeeRex] [#8]
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
All of the PRS matches I've done have had much higher entry costs than NRL matches. PRS matches have had prize tables. NRL has not. Thought that was pretty clear. Like I said, not done a lot of NRL matches.
View Quote
It doesn't sound like your comparing two day national matches to local club matches.  That's not a realistic comparison.  The two day matches in both series have prize tables and similar cost.  Prs club matches are much cheaper and typically don't have tables.   Both series are about $250 for their national two day matches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top