Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2017 4:23:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors]
In the market for a folding bench or table.

Many of them are priced out of my range.

Any Suggestions?

Also thoughts on a folding table with adjustable height legs?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
For it's portability, stability, comfort, and price - I choose one of these >>>

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:00:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPK] [#2]
I have the Cabrlas folding bench w/seat; works great, fold to a reasonable size.

Prone doesn't work around here except late winter, right after grass is mowed or after summer crops taken in and before winter wheat gets too tall.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Walmart special 48" long.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By usmcmp:
Walmart special 48" long.
View Quote
Does it have the adjustable legs?
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JPK:
I have the Cabrlas folding bench w/seat; works great, fold to a reasonable size.

Prone doesn't work around here except late winter, right after grass is mowed or after summer crops taken in and before winter wheat gets too tall.
View Quote
I typically lay the shooting mat in the bed of my truck so that I don't have to worry about the grass height.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 11:38:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DakotaFAL] [#7]
My wife got me a Caldwell Stable Table 4 years ago and it's worked really well with a variety of rifles, rests and bipods.

The three leg design is easy to level and it can be set up so the seat and table swivel - or not.  The seat us also adjustable in height and the table angle can be adjusted relative to the seat.  I though the lack of a cut out would be an issue but it's not.  You just set the table square to the seat and then angle the table a bit relative to the target.

They sell for around $200 - about $60 more than they did 5 years ago, but they are still a very good buy.  Mine has seen near weekly use for 4 years and has held up great.

Link Posted: 1/19/2018 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]
We have a couple of these..they work excellent for shooting off, and they are simple to transport and pretty inexpensive if you watch for them to go on sale...warranty is damn good too...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Big-Game-Swivel-Action-Shooting-Bench/708606.uts
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 2:49:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I seldom use a table save for holding my lead-sled for zeroing or load development, but when I do this adjustable height 4' folder works great. Weather proof too.

Amazon Product
  • Adjusts to 24-inch children's height, 29-inch table height and 36-inch countertop height
  • Superior strength and durability. Backed by a ten-year limited warranty
  • Rust-resistant powder coated steel frame. UV-Protected High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Top

Link Posted: 11/28/2018 2:42:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I have this and like it, all self contained.

Knothole Designs Portable Shooting Bench
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#12]
No adjustable legs. Works fine for what I use it for. I actually bought 2 of them so I can have a buddy come shoot with me

folding shooting bench
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 3:48:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pcsutton] [#13]
Never mind....
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 3:27:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 5:46:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXCATM76] [#15]
I made this out plywood and threaded pipe. It’s pretty stable and breaks down almost flat. It is heavy though. I need to find and adjustable height stool for it, but the cooler works for now.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By EXCATM76:
I made this out plywood and threaded pipe. It’s pretty stable and breaks down almost flat. It is heavy though. I need to find and adjustable height still for it, but the cooler works for now.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51066/AB03B45C-1FEA-4F53-9F6C-D3B74559DE65_jpeg-1009047.JPG
View Quote
Now thats pretty slick right there.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Now thats pretty slick right there.
View Quote
Thanks, I found a few different designs online and modified them to suit my needs.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Just a suggestion but you could cut some hand holes so you can tote it around.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:
Just a suggestion but you could cut some hand holes so you can tote it around.
View Quote
It is a bit to wide to carry one handed, so if I have to carry it I grab it where the top gets wider. Typically I just move it around with a two wheeled dolly with pneumatic tires or pull the truck right up to where I want to use it. I drilled two holes in it and anchored some lag bolts to shelving in my garage and hang it on those for storage, with the legs removed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I ve been looking into a portable shooting bench  also and I must say that on first impressions

I Am Highly impressed with this Knothole designs portable shooting Bench .

Runner up is. The Go Plus shooting table seat set .
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:44:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CheckEngine] [#21]
Just a standard fold out square table from Walmart I'm guessing.  It was given to me years ago.  

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top