Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2020 3:47:48 PM EDT
Just getting started using a precision rifle.  What type of targets should I be using to zero and at longer distance?  I have no clue what size or target shape I need to use.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Whatever you want to...Honestly, when doing load work inside 300 yards I will use any of several paper targets..many being just blank paper with 3" target dots on them... Normally out past 300 yards and way out there I am normally shooting steel or just rocks Mother Nature puts out there...Steel wise I have several 12" circles and a human torso(12"X20")....But I have shot fruit, apples, oranges,cantaloup, watermelons, milk jugs, 2 liter soda bottles, and many other things....

I use these a lot, often with a 1" orange center dot put on them...
Attachment Attached File

I also will use  these, and add the shoot n see dots..
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Use anything you like!    I happen to like 2 inch florescent orange dots stuck to a piece of recycled cardboard as an aim point for targets from 100 to 300 yards.  My optic is a fixed 10x...

Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#4]
There are some holiday specials on steel targets, I like half or 3/4 IPSC for long range, with the flashing red light thing.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I like targets from boxtobenchprecision.com for various purposes, especially their load development target. For zeroing, scope tracking/box testing I like their miliradian stickers. If I'm working with low/no magnification in my sighting system I'll break out the shoot-n-c's. After 100m sight in then it's all either steel or meat after that. I don't shoot paper past 100m.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top