Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2021 11:37:49 AM EDT
I have a need for a mounted laser for a .50 caliber bore, to be sighted in at 300 meters. Daylight visibility is not necessary but the laser will need to be visible when shaded from the sun with cardboard or something. This is for target alignment and not gun alignment. From what I remember when I was looking at this last year, most rifle lasers on the market have a significant dot size at 300m so the spot might be 6 in. in dia. Ideally it would be a laser that wasn't so powerful that its regulated out of the civilian market. If I can't find one I'm looking at making my own adjustable mount for one of these.

https://lasertoolsco.com/wp-content...10-Solar-Energy-Installation-System-Flyer.pdf

They claim its decently columnated. I'll also need a short range laser for 50m and an optical sight but I'm sure those will be easier to find.

Does anyone have suggestions on laser sights for large caliber guns? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#1]
link gives a 404

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 8:13:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
link gives a 404
View Quote
Probable (?) hot link ...
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#3]
OCD requires me to post this - collimated not columnated.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#4]
So putting aside my grammar problems, does anyone have experience with long distance lasers? Refractive movement due to heat and cold?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top