Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2020 9:57:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Waxman]
My wife has a thompson benchmark 22 rifle she wants to use to shoot local nrl 22 matches.I am looking for a budget friendly  scope for this type of shooting.I would like at least a 24x scope with open turrets zero stop, and parallax that goes down to 10-20 yds.
I was pretty sure I wanted the vortex diamondback tactical,  but I keep reading the turret adjustments are super mushy. I already have a athlon midas tac on my kidd 10/22, but the verdict is still out on this  scope till I shoot a.match with it.
Do you guys have any recomendations?
Forgot to add, MOA.As a old guy my brain only works in MOA
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020055471?pid=409481

The turrets capped but you can take them off for the match.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By urbanredneck:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020055471?pid=409481

The turrets capped but you can take them off for the match.
View Quote
Too bad its mils
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Never heard a report about mushy turrets on the Diamondback tactical. I know a few people with them and they never said they were mushy. The scope is actually really nice for the price. A few guys had them yesterday at a team .22 long range match we were shooting. The 2C reticle is a great one for matches.
View Quote
Ok, thank you.I have not witnessed  this, or seen it first hand,  only youtube reviews.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I was looking for a new scope for my .22 as well.  I have a Vortex PST Viper 4-16x50 on one of my .22's now,  and really like it. I found a Strike Eagle 4-24x50 and a Diamondback 6-24x50 and after many reviews and 1st hands observations I decided on the Diamondback. Check out Euro Optics for some other options too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 4:26:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#6]
Originally Posted By Waxman:
My wife has a thompson benchmark 22 rifle she wants to use to shoot local nrl 22 matches.I am looking for a budget friendly  scope for this type of shooting.I would like at least a 24x scope with open turrets zero stop, and parallax that goes down to 10-20 yds.
I was pretty sure I wanted the vortex diamondback tactical,  but I keep reading the turret adjustments are super mushy. I already have a athlon midas tac on my kidd 10/22, but the verdict is still out on this  scope till I shoot a.match with it.
Do you guys have any recomendations?
Forgot to add, MOA.As a old guy my brain only works in MOA
View Quote
I just bought a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50 with FFP MOA reticle.  Bought it just for .22lr target at 100 yards.  It has side focus parallax down to 10 yards and a very fine, useful “tree” type reticle for precise hold overs and hold offs. Not illuminated, nor zero stop, but not needed for this purpose.

The scope is about $350-$400 depending on vendor.  Glass is quite good at .22lr distances.  Not so good at 500+ yards, but it will not see that duty and it is a $400 scope. Yes, the tactical open turrets are a bit mushy, but they are adjustable for zero that will line up with the index marks, repeatable on both vertical and horizontal dials.  It tracks nicely at .22lr distances.

It was bought for my Remington 541-S bolt gun.

Oh, I will be 70 years old in about three weeks.  I use both MOA and MIL scopes, but I get where you are coming from.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top