Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2020 8:28:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARBertch]
I'm debating between these two scopes to put on a FN 20S.  I'm leaning towards the Vortex but I've always held the belief that these were more a budget optic, maybe unjustifiably so, but I hear good things about the Razor line?  Any reason I should go for the Nightforce over the Vortex or would I be happy to go with my first instinct on this one?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Both are good scopes. I would go with the Nightforce being made in the US though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The Razor is going to have better glass and the more optimal magnification range.  The NXS is still a good scope, but it’s outclassed by modern premium competitors that have a higher magnification erector and better glass.  Running either will yield a reliable and quality scope, but there’s a demonstrable difference in image quality in favor of the Razor that can’t be ignored.  To compete with the glass in a Razor, one would need to step up to a NF ATACR for a proper apples-to-apples glass comparison.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Go with the Nightforce NX8 in 2.5-20x50.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 12:16:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skg_Mre_Lght] [#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top