Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2019 4:57:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MSC182]
I know this question is very subjective and probably has been asked a bunch. That said, I bought a Bergara B-14 HMR and while I really like it, the trigger does have some creep. It’s a range/target only rifle for me so I don’t need a hunting trigger and was thinking a single stage between 1-1.5 lbs on the pull. I’d prefer not to buy the most expensive trigger on the market, but I’m not capping myself on a budget either. Ideally I’d like to keep it around $250. I’m open to any recommendations.
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I run a trigger tech  special, excellent trigger and the price is excellent as well...Has almost zero creep, is easily adjusted without pulling the stock/chassis, and it feels like the trigger is less than 1/2 the pressure you have it set at...Makes it really hard to shoot anything else because the trigger works that good...if you don't need the bolt release on the trigger, you can jump up to the diamond trigger which is even nicer...but the special works excellent as is...
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:
I run a trigger tech  special, excellent trigger and the price is excellent as well...Has almost zero creep, is easily adjusted without pulling the stock/chassis, and it feels like the trigger is less than 1/2 the pressure you have it set at...Makes it really hard to shoot anything else because the trigger works that good...if you don't need the bolt release on the trigger, you can jump up to the diamond trigger which is even nicer...but the special works excellent as is...
View Quote
My bolt release is on the receiver so I assume I don’t need the bolt release on the trigger? The pricing on those is pretty attractive. As far as replacement, it’s just a matter of tapping out two pins right?
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MSC182:

My bolt release is on the receiver so I assume I don’t need the bolt release on the trigger? The pricing on those is pretty attractive. As far as replacement, it’s just a matter of tapping out two pins right?
View Quote
Yep if you have the bolt release up on the action then you don't need the trigger mounted one, and yes replacement is just 2 pins...
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I took think the TT special would be a good choice.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anybody know if the Triggertech triggers will fit a Bergara HMR stock without inletting?
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anybody know if the Triggertech triggers will fit a Bergara HMR stock without inletting?
View Quote
If it fits a stock trigger, I don't know why the trigger tech wouldn't fit..mine dropped right into an MPA chassis...
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:

If it fits a stock trigger, I don't know why the trigger tech wouldn't fit..mine dropped right into an MPA chassis...
View Quote
Thanks. One of the reviews posted here indicated it was thicker than standard triggers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
It should fit fine.

My HMR Pro came with a Trigger Tech.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys, Triggertech was running a sale for Labor Day and I grabbed a Special.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top