Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2019 9:42:31 AM EDT
I picked up a new Tikka T1x. I'd prefer a wood stock but that can be had down the road. I installed the only scope I had that was not in use, a BSA Sweet 22.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!

I would also be curious with how it shoots.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sigman68:
Very nice!

I would also be curious with how it shoots.
View Quote
X2 I know it should should good being a tikka. And yes that would be very nice in a wood stock, a Boyd’s at-one would look great.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like this weekend is going to be pretty snowy, which means trouble for hitting the outdoor range. My indoor range SUCKS for benchrest shooting. The bench is just too narrow to fit a front and rear bag comfortably. I'm working on a "fix" for extending the bench length.

We shall see what kind of shooting I can get done. I have 4 flavors of SK ammo to try. Groups on Rimfire Central have been pretty promising though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:55:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Czexybeast] [#5]
I’m still waiting for Whittaker’s to send me notice that mine has shipped...

1/31/2019 Update: Wooo...! Just got shipping notification that my T1x is on the way from Whittaker’s.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Any range time OP? Curious about accuracy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm at work right now, but it meets or exceeds the 1 MOA guarantee Tikka makes. It liked SK Rifle Match and SK Pistol Match Special the best. I have to get some other brands of Match ammo to try.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought one of these too.  Unfortunately I haven't had time to go shooting though
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I am interested in a new .22 bolt action, would love to hear how they are shooting before I decide on one.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Anybody know when the T1x MTR will be available?
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HUCK70:
I am interested in a new .22 bolt action, would love to hear how they are shooting before I decide on one.
View Quote
Not sure if you've decided by now, but I bought one in July and it does this consistently...

Link Posted: 12/12/2019 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#13]
It’s decent but not perfect for me.

If going with a plastic stock put a god damned spacer system on it for short to xL length of pull.

Magazines are overpriced.

They would have had a sale if they didn’t take forever to roll them out and actually had the 16” rifles in conus.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Looking at this hard core for the kids or the 10/22 competition but this is a better price and seems pretty good
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:36:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:

If going with a plastic stock put a god damned spacer system on it for short to xL length of pull.

They would have had a sale if they didn’t take forever to roll them out and actually had the 16” rifles in conus.
View Quote
If they would have rolled out a wood stocked version, even a laminate one, they would have made a killing. I made my choice this past weekend, bought a 457 Varmint instead.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:32:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
Post photos of groups when you get a chance.

The proliferation of injection molded stocks is sad.  I'd rather buy a barreled action.
View Quote
Ditto.

I’d prefer to bed in a laminate stock like the Boyd’s AtOne or if I had more money another McMillan.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Kid_Sampson:
If they would have rolled out a wood stocked version, even a laminate one, they would have made a killing. I made my choice this past weekend, bought a 457 Varmint instead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kid_Sampson:
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:

I like the 457 improvents with more room between the bolt handle to clear the optics.

I have a 452 varmint and it is tight.  I operate the bolt either by finger tips or pinky hook/palm push return.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top