Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2018 12:32:48 PM EDT
I just bought my son the Tikka Super Lite from Bass Pro in 6.5 Creedmoor for Christmas.
Dressed it out with;
Nikon black FX1000 4-16x50
EGW 20 moa base
Seekins rings

Has anyone shot one or owns this particular rifle?  Please share your experiences.  I know the tikka’s shoot but not sure about the fluted barrel.  
Will be his main hunting rifle and yes we will see what it will do at 1,000 yards just for fun.

He turns 13 next month but he is 6’2” and loves to shoot.  His main deer rifle is a 700 in 30-06.  
No, I’m not adopting anyone for now.  Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Tradhntr:
I just bought my son the Tikka Super Lite from Bass Pro in 6.5 Creedmoor for Christmas.
Dressed it out with;
EGW 20 moa base
Seekins rings

Has anyone shot one or owns this particular rifle?  Please share your experiences.  I know the tikka’s shoot but not sure about the fluted barrel.  
Will be his main hunting rifle and yes we will see what it will do at 1,000 yards just for fun.

He turns 13 next month but he is 6’2” and loves to shoot.  His main deer rifle is a 700 in 30-06.  
View Quote
Damn! You got him playing basketball yet?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#2]
He plays but really just starting to.  However, he is on track to make All-American in skeet.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:21:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Dressed it out with;
EGW 20 moa base
Seekins rings

View Quote
Whats the question?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone have any experience with the Tikka Super Light?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
They're light, short bolt throw, smooth bolt and accurate. Same as any other tikka just a little lighter.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
I have one in 7mm Rem Mag.  Not sure off the top of my head, but I think it's a T3 and not a T3x.  Stainless, fluted, very light.
I put 8 shots into under an inch once, but other than that I try to avoid shooting more than 3 or 4 rounds in a single day with it
Took a while too:
Fire two shots, mess with a .22 for 15 minutes, fire two more shots, play with revolvers a bit, two more shots, sit and look at the mountains for a while, etc
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:48:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TROB] [#7]
I have 2 of the superlites, 223 and 300wm, and I absolutely love them.  
Fantastic accuracy, easy to carry, and they look really sharp.  I don’t shoot my 300 more than maybe once every couple years, but with a limbsaver on it, the recoil isn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I don’t target shoot much, they’re all for hunting.
I shoot my 223 all year long for rock chucks and coyotes.

I also have a CTR in 6.5cm. I would have gotten it in a superlite, but the barrels are too thin for the 5/8x24 threading.  I had my 223 threaded for 1/2x28.

A friend of mine got the 6.5 in the ss Lite, and it shoots well.

Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#8]
TROB and Joe thanks for posting.  His gun is at my buddy’s house waiting to put under the tree here for Christmas.
I will more than likely be getting one for myself as well.  TROB great pics.  That one looks like a murder scene.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#9]
My friend has the super light in 30-06 and it’s a good shooter, but has some good kick to it’s. Very light and easy to carry out in the field.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top