Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2018 5:39:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pcmangler]
Looking at both of these rifles for beginner.  I already had a buddy of mine tell me he would buy it off me if not satisfied.  The only difference is stainless barrel is 150.00 more, everything else is the same. Is it worth it?
I did all the comparisons of this model and I am open to suggestions on other Tikkas, feel free to IM me.  I was told by surgeon he has a Nightforce SHV 5-20x56 ideas on that or wrong forum?

(Edited to shorten)

Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
My experience with Tikka has been excellent.  The only downside is that they use proprietary mags but this isn't that big of a deal.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sigman68:
My experience with Tikka has been excellent.  The only downside is that they use proprietary mags but this isn't that big of a deal.
View Quote
Thanks, not that I'm a tight ass, but I just retired and could use money on mag if SS wasn't  a big deal.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Pcmangler:

Thanks, not that I'm a tight ass, but I just retired and could use money on mag if SS wasn't  a big deal.
View Quote
I have the CM barrel Tikka and have had no issues with corrosion here in our part of the country. I grab it out of the safe by the barrel and never wipe the barrel down either. Mine is a solid 3/4-1moa shooter with the FGMM and Hornady ammo I have shot through it.

I would not get SS unless I were to re-barrel it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a stainless now. The receiver had some oxidation starting around where the stock meets it so I had it painted.

For a weather indifferent rifle get the standard one and have it painted.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't mention earlier I have the T3X, not sure if the finish ever changed.

I have an older T3 Varmint in 223 that has a blued barrel(The T3X CTR definitely seems to have a better finish) but haven't had it out lately.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 11:26:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigJimmyRustler] [#6]
I don't like stainless guns (personal preference) so I went with the blued version and def wouldn't have spent $150.00 more on that feature.
Couldn't be happier, the gun is boringly accurate.
Its easily a half minute gun with factory ammo and much more accurate than I am.
Honestly, you can't really go wrong and I'm sure you'll like either one.

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the reply and awesome pict.  Sometimes I feel stupid after I post a question, glad I asked.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#8]
BigJimmyRustler,

How do you like the KRG Bravo chassis?  Was it a PITA to install the Tikka action?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 226man:
BigJimmyRustler,

How do you like the KRG Bravo chassis?  Was it a PITA to install the Tikka action?

Thanks
View Quote
It's a drop-in fit and took all of 15 minutes, for the price in my opinion it can't be touched.
It has a ton of features usually reserved for Chassis much more expensive and I definitely saw a noticeable increase in accuracy over the OEM stock for a couple of possible reasons (Aluminum backbone, ergonomic improvement, etc)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top