Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2021 4:03:26 PM EDT
I'm looking to turn a old Winchester Model 70 in  300 Win Mag into my first tactical bolt action build. I've only found a few stocks available. Am I missing any? Right now I'm leaning towards the Choate, but I don't know shit about long range shooting. Any recommendations or stocks I am missing?

HS Precision

Hogue

Choate

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Choate is dog shit. Weighs a ton and doesn't give you anything great in the way of options.. I have one on a M70 long action that I put together specifically to be as heavy as it could be. Fit is so so. I would look at something like a McMillan stock (they still make some for winchester) and then a DBM kit. https://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifle-stocks/mcmillan-hunting-stocks/ it's worth it to spend the right amount of money.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#3]
HS Precision between the three you listed.

Winchester made a very comfortable "Marksman" stock for their M70 match rifles. You may be able to find one used and refurbish it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top