Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2020 10:12:07 PM EDT
I had 2 ARs built.  A 308win and a 6.5cm.  Tried using a TB 338 Ultra on them and could not resolve back pressure issue. I’ve done a fair amount of bolt gun reloading and shooting out to 1K, but I’m a nube to big bore ARs and suppressors for that matter as well.  I’d like to find a AR friendly can that attaches to a brake like my Thunderbeast does.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 11:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Larue Tranquilo would solve your problems.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
View Quote
This^
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 10:11:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob01] [#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
An adjustable gas block would be the first step I would take before buying a new can.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:
This^
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sea2summit:
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
This^
Tranquilo works as designed.  Ejects at 4-5 o’clock instead of 1:00 twenty plus feet away.  Even with the adjustable gasblock.

All of my other 30 cal cans are relegated to 5.56 duty.   Just too much back pressure and gas blowback.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 32ACP:
An adjustable gas block would be the first step I would take before buying a new can.
View Quote
Yup.  Even with “low back pressure” suppressors, AR10s in 308 and 6.5CM benefit from a click-adjustable gas block.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 6:45:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Martino1] [#7]
Originally Posted By Rob01:

Welcome over from SC. Any of the known suppressor companies can do what you need. Get a .30 can and it should work fine on both. As I mentioned at SC I have used my .30 can down to .223 on a semi auto without a problem but mine is a screw on. Silencer Co has a bunch and there are reviews. The Larue looks pretty nice though. Never used one so can't give first hand.

https://www.silencershop.com/silencers/7-62mm-rifle.html
View Quote
I contacted Silencershop and they recommended an OSS can.  The tech indicated that that can worked best with AR gas guns, but provided the least amount of sound suppression.  Not looking for high capacity full auto rated unit.  139db I was hoping for better balance of sound suppression and firing capacity.  BTW I have Superlative Arms blocks on the kids.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 12:29:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Martino1] [#9]
Not like you would be shooting it a lot without ears. I only shoot mine without ears with subsonic. With supersonic none are hearing safe. Better than no can but all will be 130db+ which is well above safe. I would buy one you know will cycle the rifles and have fun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Martino1:

I contacted Silencershop and they recommended an OSS can.  The tech indicated that that can worked best with AR gas guns, but provided the least amount of sound suppression.  Not looking for high capacity full auto rated unit.  139db I was hoping for better balance of sound suppression and firing capacity.  BTW I have Superlative Arms blocks on the kids.
Not like you would be shooting it a lot without ears. I only shoot mine without ears with subsonic. With supersonic none are hearing safe. Better than no can but all will be 130db+ which is well above safe. I would buy one you know will cycle the rifles and have fun.
If I’m going to have to wear ears, I may as well hunt with my electronic ears and save the hassle of the NFA drama.  The can I have now is 10.5” I believe and does a nice job suppressing sound the back pressure issue not withstanding. That said, I don’t think I’m under 130db with SS ammo.  Don’t  plan to hunt with Sub S ammo.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 12:51:35 AM EDT
[#10]

??Dead Air Nomad, Q Trash Panda, Silencerco Omega & Energetic Vox comparison
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top