Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2020 5:57:00 PM EDT
Are all rimfire silencers pretty much the same as far as accuracy/repeatability goes?  Assuming one does not remove it or rotate the baffle stack, will a good 22 rifle have the same accuracy with the can as without.  On the other end, are there any silencers that one can remove, clean, reassemble and remount and get back to the same POA?

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d ask this in the silencer forum.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I never noticed a change after cleaning but if precision is your game then rezero you sights.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe 'precision' is a bit overkill, perhaps is there one or two particular models that precision rimfire shooters use for their rifles?  I have 2 different 22 cans but would like to get a dedicated can for a new bolt action I will be purchasing.

I may try the silencer forum as well.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 1:01:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:34:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hoser:
Thunderbeast TD is what you seek.
View Quote

Now that you mention it I recall hearing they are geared more toward accuracy vs. ultimate suppression, am I correct in that?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:19:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hoser] [#6]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hoser:

Not at all.  They make some of the quietest cans out there.  As an added bonus, most of their line is made of titanium.  The 22 TakeDown is made of stainless and Ti.

I have a bunch of 22 cans.  My TD gets used most of the time.  In fact, I ended up buying a second.

This link has a lot of info.

http://www.recoilweb.com/recoil-rated-10-rimfire-cans-128171.html
View Quote

Thanks, I'll be checking them out.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I don’t notice a difference in group size on my V-22 using a Rugged Oculus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top