Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2020 3:51:52 PM EDT
I've waited and waited for Optics Planet to come back in stock with the .260 Surefire Muzzle Brake (SFMB).  I ordered it back at the end of December not realizing it was on backorder and the anticipated time to ship steadily increased to now saying it's backordered with no anticipated ship date.

I like it because it's a dedicated 6.5mm brake, with no asymmetric ports and a host for Surefire's suppressors which now include a .260 socom 2.

Is anyone else dealing with this personal mental debate?  I just want something that's made for precision semi-auto shooting and will attach a high quality can.  There are obvious anternatives.  What are your favorites?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Area 419 Hellfire brake. Their adapter lets you use multiple cans. I use my TBAC on it.

Unfortunately they don’t have an adapter for the Surefire cans.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That system actually looks really nice.  I like that it's caliber specific.  Only issue I see is there are now three points of failure for concentricity if using a suppressor. Barrel to barrel adapter, barrel adapter to suppressor adapter and suppressor adapter to the suppressor itself.  Also three points I'd be worried about coming loose, granted two are torqued with a tool, leaving only one point depending on hand-tension.  Do you have experience with it yourself?
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I use it as do a lot of people I know. You're right about the extra point of failure, but I have not had an issue. I much prefer it over the TBAC CB mount. After shooting a bit, I've found the CB mount to be concerningly easy to remove. I wouldn't say loose, just not on very tight compared to how tight I made it.

Biggest downside I see for you is that you will need to buy a suppressor that uses the 419 system.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#4]
#1 for the Area 419 break/suppressor adapters.

And it give you a good reason not use the shitty surefire suppressor mounts.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top