Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2021 12:43:16 PM EDT
About me:
Joined in 08, forgot password..here I am.

Built a 6.5C, a few years back for a long range toy.
No issues on rifle, functions great.

Used a CTR stock cause it was on the parts shelf.
Looking for a replacement with adj lop that will lock up as solid as a fixed stock.
Modifications to it are no issue..I'm pretty handy with tools.
Budget..up to $400

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Magpul UBR gen II
A tad bit heavier than most... but pure beef, locks up tight.  It Has a unique constant cheek weld feature and a small storage compartment some accessories are also available for it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Put that on my list to review..thanks
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
What rifle? Bolt? Semi auto?
View Quote

Semi
AR10 build
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 4:25:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I keep my MOE stock all the way out and the wiggle was annoying. I took the stock off and put some strips of painter's tape on the buffer tube longitudinally. 3 wasn't quite enough but 4 is nice and tight while still being able to move it. I put the stock back on, pulled it to the last position and trimmed off the excess. Nice and tight now!

Grip tape might also do the job. I think this will last a while but don't know yet. I went just a bit over the end of the tube so the stock wouldn't peel it up as I put it back on. I'll try and remember to take a picture tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 6:29:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By brachiosaur:
I keep my MOE stock all the way out and the wiggle was annoying. I took the stock off and put some strips of painter's tape on the buffer tube longitudinally. 3 wasn't quite enough but 4 is nice and tight while still being able to move it. I put the stock back on, pulled it to the last position and trimmed off the excess. Nice and tight now!

Grip tape might also do the job. I think this will last a while but don't know yet. I went just a bit over the end of the tube so the stock wouldn't peel it up as I put it back on. I'll try and remember to take a picture tomorrow.
View Quote

It works for sure.
I have an AR15 that I have done that with as well.
Good tip..Thanks
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#7]
If adjustable is required,  another vote for the UBR here.

I tried many different stocks when I built my 6.5 C years ago.  PRS, UBR, CTR, ACS, ACS-L, A2, etc... ended up with all XLR's on my distance rifles.  While not as easily adjusted as Magpul's, once set they stay. Besides,  they are always set for me.  Had I not  gone XLR, the UBR would have stayed on them. UBR is a great stock
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By wile_coyote:
If adjustable is required,  another vote for the UBR here.

I tried many different stocks when I built my 6.5 C years ago.  PRS, UBR, CTR, ACS, ACS-L, A2, etc... ended up with all XLR's on my distance rifles.  While not as easily adjusted as Magpul's, once set they stay. Besides,  they are always set for me.  Had I not  gone XLR, the UBR would have stayed on them. UBR is a great stock
View Quote

First time seeing the XLR..that is a nice stock.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 7:39:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the advice.
Grabbed this off the EE, I like it.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Good stock,  it'll serve you well.  Congrats
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top