Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 8/27/2019 1:26:01 PM EDT
I got my savage 110 tactical desert in 6.5 creedmoor in along with my vortex PST 6-24x50 scope in last week and got it sighted in. I was using hornady american gunner ammo and then started using the 140gr hornady eld-m.

I gave up on shooting past 200 yards years ago because of my tremors. Most of the times its in my hand but it sometimes goes up to my shoulder. I was excited to see my first 5 shot group at 100yds measuring .51"

I ended up shooting at 200, 300, and 500 yards today. Groups on paper weren't that great but I know its just me. We have a 8" plate at the 500 yard range that I was consistently able to hit. The rounds were all in the same spot the size of my fist. When I shot at paper at that distance I had a hard time keeping it inside of 6". I was pretty happy to even hit it since I haven't shot out that far yet. That is as far as the range goes but I'm hoping that I can find someone that has a good backstop I could use and go out beyond that.

Anyways, I had a hard time leaving after hitting that plate consistently (ran out of ammo). I think I shoot at the steel a lot better than on paper for some reason. My neighbor makes loads for his and said he'd help me get started doing that. I'll probably be getting a press soon to find something it really likes. Maybe all of this brass I've collected throughout the years will be put to some use.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 3:08:50 PM EDT
Congrats on the new personal best.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 5:19:45 PM EDT
Shooting is fun.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:36:40 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MSC182:
Shooting is fun.
View Quote
And addictive but wait till the reloading bug bites. Then things really get fun.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:37:45 PM EDT
Wassup where you located? I finally got aroun to getting my membership to a range with distance,

Damn it’s fun, never realized how bad I needed a brake till I was trying to spot my impacts to the berm but lost the target in recoil....

Wasted a few that way...

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:38:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kuhndog599:
I got my savage 110 tactical desert in 6.5 creedmoor in along with my vortex PST 6-24x50 scope in last week and got it sighted in. I was using hornady american gunner ammo and then started using the 140gr hornady eld-m.

I gave up on shooting past 200 yards years ago because of my tremors. Most of the times its in my hand but it sometimes goes up to my shoulder. I was excited to see my first 5 shot group at 100yds measuring .51"

I ended up shooting at 200, 300, and 500 yards today. Groups on paper weren't that great but I know its just me. We have a 8" plate at the 500 yard range that I was consistently able to hit. The rounds were all in the same spot the size of my fist. When I shot at paper at that distance I had a hard time keeping it inside of 6". I was pretty happy to even hit it since I haven't shot out that far yet. That is as far as the range goes but I'm hoping that I can find someone that has a good backstop I could use and go out beyond that.

Anyways, I had a hard time leaving after hitting that plate consistently (ran out of ammo). I think I shoot at the steel a lot better than on paper for some reason. My neighbor makes loads for his and said he'd help me get started doing that. I'll probably be getting a press soon to find something it really likes. Maybe all of this brass I've collected throughout the years will be put to some use.
View Quote

This is a great story to read.  Congrats op and have fun.
Top Top