Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2020 7:32:33 PM EDT
Dang that was that fun.

Remington 5R in .308 with Zeiss 6.5x20 off a Harris bipod.

I have never shot past 300 or, so I was a bit nervous, esp in front of a 'crowd'.

I chrono'ed my 175gr handloads and some factory FGMM 168s a couple of days before and plugged the info into my ballistics calculator on my phone (Ballistic AE)

Went out a few days later to the match.

Everyone was very kind and helpful.

I was pretty happy when my first shot at 600 was not only on paper, but in the 8 ring.

I was a bit distraught when I realized I left most of my ammo on my bench and only had 25 of my 175 gr handloads and two boxes of 168 FGMM.

So I sighted in with the first five handloads, shot the first string of 20 with those, redialed my elevation, and finished the last two strings with the factory ammo and no sighters.

Finished with a score of 553 and 10x's.

I was happy.

Here are my targets.  Forgive the first two, I wasn't using the app correctly at first, but figured it out after forty rounds. Duh.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Nicely done for your first time out.

Oldsters suggestion: write down a summary of everything that happened from leaving for the match to coming home. Note the things you forgot, what you might have done differently. Think about the various shots you made. What was the sight picture you had when the shot broke. Mentally review everything.

Then, make yourself a checklist for the next match. Get your gear together the night before. Verify your list first thing when you get up and fill any missing holes in your gear. And always take twice the amount of ammo you think you will need.

Keep it going OP, you're in the zone.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thx for the advice!

Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:32:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperDutyMikeMc] [#3]
@Bubbatheredneck

Hey OP, I just came across this thread and figured I'd say that's awesome you got out and shot a match.

What club were you shooting at?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top