Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2020 1:50:20 PM EDT
I am going to a 2 day PR class in a few weeks and need to find something suitable to shoot off of.  My current shooting mat is an old smelly horse blanket full of holes and covered in dog hair.  Obviously I won't be bringing that.

Google turns up a dizzying number of options, everything form a glorified yoga mat in CB to a Velcro and Molle covered affair with all the bells and whistles.  Naturally, all the ones that caught my eye or stood out for one reason or another have some disqualifying feature (or lack of feature).  So, my main criteria are;

USA made, well built
Compact roll-up for storage or attaching to a ruck
Needs to have bi-pod loops or pockets, a must have
Doesn't need to double as a drag bag, rifle case, shelter half, or anything else other than a shooting mat
Don't care what it costs, but I prefer simple and solid in most things

Soo....what are you all using, or what would you recommend?
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Do it at night.
Laundromat with big washers and dryers.
Carry concealed.
Bring a friend you know can shoot.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a triad tactical pad, you can use the straps for a bipod leg hold if needed, but I have zero issue with my bipod moving when set on the material, no need for  a pocket or strap..It compacts down enough to be easily strapped to a pack, its comfortable and it works very good...

Attachment Attached File

https://triadtactical.com/triad-padded-shooting-mat/
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a Dillon Precision mat at the range (or as a sleeping mat), and a Triad mat if I'm going to have to carry it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a TAB Gear Pollok shooting mat. Very low pro, very durable. Does NOT have bipod pockets or loops but I haven't had an issue with that. My model has the SRBs and the pin pocket.
TAB Gear mat
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 12:27:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sogan] [#6]
midwayUSA mat: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939101910

Cheap and works great. Doesnt roll up as small as the TAB gear mat but it has more padding and still attaches to the outside of my pack without being to big of an issue, Especially just for a shooting class and not hiking the mountains hunting.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#7]
wow look at you guys.

i currently use a tarp from harbor freight. keeps the dirt off.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I use one of these for the last 12 years.  When it's get too gnarly, I just buy another, they're cheap enough.

Voodoo Tactical Roll Up Shooting Mat
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BobinNC:
I use one of these for the last 12 years.  When it's get too gnarly, I just buy another, they're cheap enough.

Voodoo Tactical Roll Up Shooting Mat
View Quote

Another vote for the voodoo.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Therm-a-Rest ZLite
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top