Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2021 7:09:35 PM EDT
Hey everyone, been working on a project for a while now and ended up with two separate barrels. The Krieger has about 1300-1500 rounds down it and the criterion is practically brand new. Length is the same, gas length etc. The only difference is the Krieger isn’t threaded but I’d cut it down to the same length as the criterion anyway for this build so I’d have to send it off to get both done. I like the idea of the Krieger because theoretically it should be more accurate than the criterion but I like the barrel life and the accuracy criterion guarantees after 10,000’s of rounds.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Heard some noise about Criterion having spotty qc and poor customer service lately

Only heard great things about Kreiger
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 2:08:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I like my Krieger.  I’ve had a Criterion on BO for 2 months & they moved delivery out another 4-8 weeks……

I know what i would do based on current experience:

Krieger via Compass Lake.  Should have stuck with than plan….
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Kreiger, but  first I'd want to know why the seller is letting it go.  Guys usually don't sell barrels that they are happy with.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:16:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I’d take a look at Lothar Walther too, they make phenomenal barrels. I’m on my second one, I haven’t had the chance to much more than function check it but if it’s anything like the last one I had from them then I will happy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry for the late response just been running around too much. Anyways, it’ll be cut to 16.5” and the caliber for both is 5.56/223 Wylde. The Krieger’ bore looks very clean and healthy. I traded an ARMS A2 handguard for the Krieger. Haven’t shot the Krieger yet but the criterion shot very very well. .75-1.25 MOA. Just wondering if I’m going to get any better consistency and shooting with the Krieger. This rifle is more focused on the precision aspect first, weight second.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DackJaniels:
Sorry for the late response just been running around too much. Anyways, it’ll be cut to 16.5” and the caliber for both is 5.56/223 Wylde. The Krieger’ bore looks very clean and healthy. I traded an ARMS A2 handguard for the Krieger. Haven’t shot the Krieger yet but the criterion shot very very well. .75-1.25 MOA. Just wondering if I’m going to get any better consistency and shooting with the Krieger. This rifle is more focused on the precision aspect first, weight second.
View Quote

The largest group of the Krieger should be smaller than the smallest group of the Criterion. Or there about.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DevL:
The largest group of the Krieger should be smaller than the smallest group of the Criterion. Or there about.
View Quote

Only if his ammo is good enough and he is good enough.

I've got two 6.5 Creedmoor AR's, one with a Krieger and one with a Criterion barrel.  They're both sub MOA and shoot as well as I can.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:40:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jaqufrost] [#10]
A few groups from my Krieger and Criterion 6.5's.
Krieger
Attachment Attached File

Criterion:
Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top