Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2019 12:02:02 AM EDT
Like the title says I need a suggestion for a seating die for a 308 win. Seating a 165gr tipped game king.  Right now I'm using a standard RCBS die and the stem touches the bullet very close to the tip.  I think that some of the bullets are accualy bottoming out in the stem.  Posted this in the other reloading forum as well just though I would put it here too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:18:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure the stems that come withith Hornady dies would work for you but I've not loaded that specific bullet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Hornady only makes inserts for their bullets!

You could contact RCBS tech support for guidance.

Or look at your die and clean it thoroughly.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 2:24:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rn22723:
Hornady only makes inserts for their bullets!...
View Quote
Oh boy...  wish I had known this sooner...  I have been using their seating stem to seat bullets made by Sierra, Berger, Lapua, Nosler, G9, and Speer...  Some have long, skinny, pointy noses and others have short, fat, blunt/round noses...  Now I am going to have to rethink the whole bullet seating process...  
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Reorx:
Oh boy...  wish I had known this sooner...  I have been using their seating stem to seat bullets made by Sierra, Berger, Lapua, Nosler, G9, and Speer...  Some have long, skinny, pointy noses and others have short, fat, blunt/round noses...  Now I am going to have to rethink the whole bullet seating process...  
View Quote
You misunderstood....I meant replacement seating stems....their "Generic" stem is as I said generic for most bullets.  But, they make ones for their ELD's and A-Max and FTX bullets.
If you want a good seating die one of the better values in IMHO is Forster.  Their seater out of the box does VLD's type bullets.  The problem with Forster is that their selection is limited.  And, their supply chain is full of long waits even for common dies...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top