Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2018 10:33:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wile_coyote]
I bought a scope to allow some optics shuffling for a new build I have going.  I currently have LaRue LT745 20MOA mounts for my scopes.  Nice mounts,  work as expected and was just going to go with another. Then I got to thinking maybe I should try something else. I had originally thought about a Bobro back when I bought the first,  but my research found some info on them coming loose and allowing shifting. LaRue was the shortest wait time back then and had solid histories so I went with them, but had also considered ADM.

Now I have been looking again and ADM is in the mix.  The ADM mounts on my Atlas bipods work really well,  so I'm thinking their scope mounts would be nice too. I'll need 34mm rings and want 20MOA cant. Looking for any info,  experiences or recommendations on various makes and models. I have no issue purchasing another LaRue,  just thinking trying something else might not be bad. Not looking to start a brand war either. I like the LaRue's I have,  they always return to zero and are solid.

Any info, experiences or recommendations on others would be greatly appreciated and give me an opportunity to do some more looking before i buy.  Thanks in advance.

ETA: just started looking at Spuhr and others. Actually thinking of foregoing the QD option or route. My optics are not shared between rifles and only removed to demonstrate or less likely for cleaning possibly.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone using the Seekins MXM mount? Looks good and everything I have from Seekins is top notch. Thinking I could switch the 745 out on my Seekins and use it for the new optic.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#2]
“I like the LaRue's I have, they always return to zero and are solid.”

If LaRue makes a scope mount that works for you... that’s always the answer imo.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UnknownPatriot:
"I like the LaRue's I have, they always return to zero and are solid."

If LaRue makes a scope mount that works for you... that's always the answer imo.
View Quote
Understand what you mean, but there may be others that work as well or better.  Since I don't have a mount already for this optic thought it may be a good opportunity to look at or possibly try something else out is all.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 2:03:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Wiley..have you looked at Nightforce mounts or Bobro, Geissele are some ive used with
good results...YMMV....works for me.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 3:09:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered a Geissele 20 MOA Extended Super Precision Mount. I'll let you know how I like it once I get it in.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:34:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wile_coyote] [#6]
Sandstorm,  just had a look at the Nightforce mounts. They are a possibility.  I have been really considering a Geissele that you and BushmasterGuy77 recommended. They seem well thought out and made.

For right now,  my scope has arrived. Think I'm gonna take the mount the current 3-12x50 is currently using and place my new acquisition in it. At least I'll be able to get a range trip in this weekend and mess with the new addition.  That and I actually plan to put the new mount on an existing rifle while keeping the two LT745's... unless I end up overly happy with the new mount,  then they will get sold off and switched.  

The one I'm also very interested in its the Aadmount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top