Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2020 11:57:03 AM EDT
I am going to get a long range hunting rifle. It will be used for deer, mostly coues, in AZ with shots up to 800 yards. I will soon be picking up a Bergara Wildness Ridge in 6.5 CM. It will eventually have a Silencerco Harvester on it also.
I am trying to figure out which scope to go with. I have narrowed it down to two because I can get a discount on either of them and they will both cost less that $1K.

Here are the two I am looking at, so if anyone has experience with either, I would love to hear from you. I am leaning towards the Zeiss just for the fact that it is a 50 mm objective.

Vortex HD LHT 3-15x42

Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x50

Link Posted: 11/12/2020 12:04:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mfingar] [#1]
I’d recommend the NightForce NX8 4-32

Given the choice of the two you’ve mentioned, both are great scopes. You’ll be happy with either.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By pyle762:
I am going to get a long range hunting rifle. It will be used for deer, mostly coues, in AZ with shots up to 800 yards. I will soon be picking up a Bergara Wildness Ridge in 6.5 CM. It will eventually have a Silencerco Harvester on it also.
I am trying to figure out which scope to go with. I have narrowed it down to two because I can get a discount on either of them and they will both cost less that $1K.

Here are the two I am looking at, so if anyone has experience with either, I would love to hear from you. I am leaning towards the Zeiss just for the fact that it is a 50 mm objective.

Vortex HD LHT 3-15x42

Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x50

View Quote

I'm super interested in the vortex HD LHT.  I'm interested in hearing some opinions on it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By reelserious:
here
View Quote
Good job keeping it under $1k
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DesignatedMarksman:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DesignatedMarksman:
Originally Posted By reelserious:
here

Link Posted: 11/12/2020 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Zeiss
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the LHT 3-15x42. It's amazing, especially when you consider what you get for the money. You won't be disappointed. The reticle is simple enough for easy dialing and wind holds, and the illumination is everything you could need in a hunting rifle. Glass has good edge to edge clarity and the new zero stop for it is pretty slick. It comes with a rubber scope cover, so I'd recommend a good scope cover. It'll take a vortex large without the sunshade, an XL with the sunshade.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SGTStewart:
Vortex Strike Eagle
View Quote

I have this scope and am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#10]
LHT is about on par with the Gen 1 Razor.  It’s a very good optic for what it costs.  
The Zeiss Conquest is not a proper Zeiss, because they are now farming out the production of the Conquest to an OEM company in Asia.  I don’t know where it is, but I do know that it’s not using Schott Glass from Germany.  The glass in the Conquest series is not HD glass like with the LHT.  With the Conquest, you are paying for the Zeiss name far more than you are for the optical quality.  

Originally Posted By SGTStewart:
Vortex Strike Eagle
View Quote

StrikeEagle is about 2-3 levels below the Razor LHT line.  If the LHT is on his radar, going to a StrikeEagle would be a significant downgrade.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#11]
NF NX8 2.5-20x or 4-32x   Done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top