Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2020 7:33:57 PM EDT
Gun will only be used 200 yds max.  Just target shooting on my 100 yd range.  Want to be able to use the sights below the scope, so see thru mounts are needed.  I bought the gun used with a Vortex crossfire 3-9x40 and some thin see thru rings.  I cant zero the scope.  Its all over the place.  Somethings junk.  Its a scout rifle so I dont nee a nightforce, trying to keep it reasonable.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Send the scope back ....https://vortexoptics.com/vip-warranty
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 6:50:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chucku] [#2]
I will send it back.  Want an upgrade though.  Im looking at the PA slx 3x18x50 .308 BDC reticle for $479.  A little more than I want to spend.  I also looked at  Burris tac 6.5x20x50 for $329.  Its moa and Im not a fan (dont know how to use it)  LOL.  Is there something else I should be looking at?
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Consider some type of quick disconnect scope mount.

Pretty much every "see thru" scope mount I have seen had Irons in a dark place that makes them very hard to see and the scope is so high it is lousy getting a consistent cheek weld.

See thru sounds like a good idea and I suppose some folks have found a way to make it work but all I have seen are pretty poor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top