Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2021 5:21:56 AM EDT
I picked up a Savage Elite Precision in 300WM last Summer. Geezo Petes this damned thing is the mutt's nuts! MDT ACC chassis and what appears to be a custom 30" barrel. Not the typical junk you get from Savage. I know Savage makes junk. I have a few of it. Anyhoo, I risked this purchase and I am delightfully impressed. I shoot 1 mile 1/4 MOA groups. It has been so fun reading wind and dialing elevation. I found I needed to add weight to this ELR rig to push it above 20lbs to tame down the recoil even more. The rifle didn't come with a muzzle brake, so I added a M11 Severe Duty brake. I did have to bevel the ejector towards the firing pin hole, but I am so used to Savage actions not feeding from the magazine this was second nature.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyhoo....

Attachment Attached File

But nice stick..and I'm offended by the savage makes junk comment
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked 1 of these up a few weeks ago, in .223.

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:57:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser556] [#3]
I've been debating over the Elite, standard precision or the Christensen arms in .338 lm.  Does the weight help with recoil?  Looking at it for a long range hunting plateform.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:01:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doc_Zox] [#4]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I've not owned a Savage yet that wasn't an excellent shooter.  Not pretty but pretty damn accurate.

Nice rifle!
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:54:37 PM EDT
[#6]
“I shoot 1 mile 1/4 moa”

Yup, sure you do.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like average/typical grouping, so that's pretty good..especially for a Savage.

But my Mossberg MVP Precision rebarreled in. 300 Norma Mag with a 36" Bear Creek Customs barrel will do 1/8 MOA 10 shot groups at 3 miles in ideal conditions. You'll get there some day with enough practice!
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Is Savage using there standard savage magazines in this beast? Have had 5 savages and 1 thing always sucked about them. The worthless magazine. Had 338LM, two 6.5 creedmores, and currently own a 308 and 243. Every one jams around 3rd or 4th round and would fall out. Savage rifles do shoot fairly well though. Am surprised the barrel length on that rifle. Keep us updated on your new boomer.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 10:43:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bearcat24:
Is Savage using there standard savage magazines in this beast? Have had 5 savages and 1 thing always sucked about them. The worthless magazine. Had 338LM, two 6.5 creedmores, and currently own a 308 and 243. Every one jams around 3rd or 4th round and would fall out. Savage rifles do shoot fairly well though. Am surprised the barrel length on that rifle. Keep us updated on your new boomer.
View Quote

The Savage 110 Precision uses a MDT LSS chassis while the 110 Elite Precision uses a MDT ACC chassis. So they will be using AICS magazines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top