Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2021 12:04:34 PM EDT
Hello all,

I have a Savage 10 in 308 that I'd like to convert to 6.5cm. I'd like a decent barrel but I'm not shooting competitively and don't want to break the bank on something exotic or super high end. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#1]
For inexpensive and still high quality... Shilen (select), Columbia River Arms, Northland Shooters Supply. Any of those will do you ok. There are others but those are easy to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
For inexpensive and still high quality... Shilen (select), Columbia River Arms, Northland Shooters Supply. Any of those will do you ok. There are others but those are easy to deal with.
View Quote
Excellent, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Back when I hung out on Savage Shooters the Criterion prefits from Northland were very well spoken of. That’s probably where I’d go.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Back when I hung out on Savage Shooters the Criterion prefits from Northland were very well spoken of. That's probably where I'd go.
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Back when I hung out on Savage Shooters the Criterion prefits from Northland were very well spoken of. That's probably where I'd go.
View Quote
I bought my first savage pre-fit Criterion from Northland in 2014-2015, and never looked back. Great barrels. Make me look like I know what I'm doing.

Just purchased a 6.5CM for my new Origin action. Haven't shot it yet, but I have a ton of confidence it'll be fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By mitsuman47:
I bought my first savage pre-fit Criterion from Northland in 2014-2015, and never looked back. Great barrels. Make me look like I know what I'm doing.

Just purchased a 6.5CM for my new Origin action. Haven't shot it yet, but I have a ton of confidence it'll be fantastic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

In the couple years I spent a lot of time on there there were hundreds of people that were extremely happy with them. I am sure there have been some issues just because of the volume but I honestly don't know if I've seem any bad complaints.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#7]

In the couple years I spent a lot of time on there there were hundreds of people that were extremely happy with them. I am sure there have been some issues just because of the volume but I honestly don't know if I've seem any bad complaints.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I had one that had a chamber issue.  Criterion made it right with no questions.  
I have since moved over to X-Caliber and found them to be phenomenal shooters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top