Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2022 8:53:32 AM EDT
Have a 20S in 6.5 on the way. Wondering about ammo, gas jets / suppression, and the range time you guys have had so far.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine shoots any of the 140gr. bullets in front of 41.6gr. of H4350, MOA or better. Does okay with 147gr. ELD-M’s and 153.5gr. Bergers, but the 140’s are more consistent. Only factory load I’ve tried was some Hornady 140gr. ELD-M and it shot all 10 into a 1” hole.

Still using the jet that the barrel came with, functions as it should in the suppressed and unsuppressed settings.

Surefire 7.62 RC2.

I’ve shot just about 500 rounds through my 6.5 barrel, a lot more than that through my 7.62 barrel.

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to hear. When did you get yours? Read quite a bit about popped primers and failures to feed with quite a few being sent back to FN (something about the firing pin needing to be smaller, but even after being sent back they were still popping primers). Worrying about that now. How do you like the ATACR? I'm between the MK5HD and the ATACR, not sure what to go with yet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up my 20s the first week they became available a couple years ago.

I’ve never owned a Nightforce optic that didn’t exceed my expectations, the ATACR is no different.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top