Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2021 10:18:31 PM EDT
Alright ladies and gents...I'm curious to know how your SCAR 20's in 6.5CM are performing? Details would be great, in terms of ammo and optics used, number of round fired, and anything else you believe may add to the discussion.

I have one in .308. I haven't even fired the damn thing. The reason for that used to be that I didn't have optics for it. Now, the reason is, I believe I want it in 6.5CM and if I end up going that route, it's easier to sell the current one as "NIB."

Before I go through the hassle of it all, I figured I'd ask you all how it's been going for you?

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a 6.5, but my .308 is sub MOA out of the box.  Shoots very well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 10:57:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I’d say keep it, shoot it, and pester FN five times a week about releasing barrel assemblies.

You are going to be on the short end selling your 308 and getting a 6.5. It looks like you’ll be paying at least a $500 premium for the 6.5 over what the 308s are going for and that doesn’t account for the hassle and cost associated with selling your rifle.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]

The video above is my 6.5CM Scar 20 tagging a 2/3 IPSC with no problem at 600 yds. I'm a huge fan and really like the rifle. So far I've only shot my handloads with the 140 amax which is running about 2675 fps. I'd call the rifle a solid MOA shooter but I don't spend a ton of time shooting paper other than checking loads and confirming zero. I had it out to 1100 of a full size ipsc the other day with decent consistency...... No way I'd trade this thing for a 308, but I'd make that statement about any rifle offered in either 308 or 6.5.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:32:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALex] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m1ajunkie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcwBDwMlSm0

The video above is my 6.5CM Scar 20 tagging a 2/3 IPSC with no problem at 600 yds. I'm a huge fan and really like the rifle. So far I've only shot my handloads with the 140 amax which is running about 2675 fps. I'd call the rifle a solid MOA shooter but I don't spend a ton of time shooting paper other than checking loads and confirming zero. I had it out to 1100 of a full size ipsc the other day with decent consistency...... No way I'd trade this thing for a 308, but I'd make that statement about any rifle offered in either 308 or 6.5.
View Quote

Very nice.  How fast are your 140's going?  Do you know what you're shoulders are on an unfired case?  How about a fired case?  

Thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FALex:

Very nice.  How fast are your 140's going?  Do you know what you're shoulders are on an unfired case?  How about a fired case?  

Thank you for the info.
View Quote

Got the 140s running 2680 with 41.5 grs of H4350. I'll do some measuring on my cases and let you know what I find. I don't know off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FALex:

Thank you for the info.
View Quote

Had a chance to measure my shoulders using my hornady tool and .375 comparator.

Fired cases are consistently- 1.552

Fresh cases after I resize are 1.547-1.549
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top