Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2018 7:50:01 AM EDT
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/11/27/ruger-expands-hawkeye-and-american-rifle-predator-lines/

The 6.5 Creedmoor seems a bit of overkill since Ruger already offers a number of rifles chambered for this cartridge.  But the new PRC should be interesting and I imagine this rifle will appeal to those wanting to shoot F Class, etc.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:07:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Melvin_Johnson] [#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Ruger .270 that I like but a fast working action it is not.  Wonder if these are better (aside from being short action)?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Good Lord, look at that barrel profile. Good for them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#4]
MODEL NUMBER: 47184 CALIBER: 6.5 CREEDMOOR
Weight 11 lbs
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks sexy.  Why did it take so long to market something like this? Fuckers.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Do the Hawkeyes still come with the weird accuracy issues?  I remember the angled front lug screw used to cause problems if it wasn't torqued exactly right.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Ruger and Bergara must be using the same stock manufacturer.  This looks awfully like the HMR.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#8]
These rifles are VERY pleasing to the eye for me, and in 6.5 CM at the MSRP I've seen I think they'll come in under 1k.  That being said, I've always heard negative things about the M77 in any of its forms.  Is that just a long standing internet bash-fest or is it something to worry about in M77s?  Other than barrel accuracy issues, I would THINK that a Mauser style guided feed would be a good thing accuracy-wise, but it seems like something I haven't really seen mentioned much poking around here.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SnaitN:
These rifles are VERY pleasing to the eye for me, and in 6.5 CM at the MSRP I've seen I think they'll come in under 1k.  That being said, I've always heard negative things about the M77 in any of its forms.  Is that just a long standing internet bash-fest or is it something to worry about in M77s?  Other than barrel accuracy issues, I would THINK that a Mauser style guided feed would be a good thing accuracy-wise, but it seems like something I haven't really seen mentioned much poking around here.
View Quote
They don’t have much meat up front to hold the barrel compared to a Remington or Savage. But I have had some fairly accurate light weight rifles built on the old M77 action. Maybe Ruger beefed them up a little.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ianb1116:
Ruger and Bergara must be using the same stock manufacturer.  This looks awfully like the HMR.
View Quote
Other than the color, I see very little similarity
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Handled one at a local shop this weekend, in 6.5, tagged at $1038.00.  I am reeeeeaally impressed, although that is just the esthetics of the thing.  Stock was quite comfortable, bolt was smooth, nice QD swivel mounts on the left side and set for bipod.

This sucker is big and heavy.  Like "feels"way heavier than the 11 pounds listed.  I like it though, if I can get one for under a grand Im probably all over it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice I like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top