Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2022 9:00:57 PM EDT
I have a Bartlein 20” SDMR barrel on order with CLE and am trying to decide on the upper/handguard combo. Debating using a Vltor MUR with a high end hand guard, or one of the Mega MML or Aero M4 Enhanced uppers…. but I’d like to hear everyone’s opinions regarding precision builds.

Prefer 15” or 16” MLOK handguard.

I’ve done several builds with the VLTOR and they have all been thermal fits. I like those because I can true up the face and check that box. I’ve also used the Aero Enhanced set, it’s very nice but wasn’t a thermal fit and you can’t true up/lap the face of the upper as it’s recessed and the standard Brownells/Wheeler tool won’t fit properly. No experience with the Mega MML, but it looks nice.

What say ye?

ZA
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Just got a smoking deal on a VLTOR MUR upper receiver, so I guess I'm looking for handguard suggestions.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:54:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: everready73] [#2]
The new Sons of Liberty Gun Work M86 looks really solid.  They say the way it locks up makes it almost like a monolithic rail

https://www.bigtexordnance.com/product/solgw-m89-drive-lock-mlok-rail-10-5-13-15-lengths-includes-steel-qd-socket-m89-handguard/

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/m89-drive-lock-rail-by-solgw-shot-show-2022/

I have always liked Centurion rails as well and they are robust, as well as SLR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top