Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2021 10:44:43 AM EDT
Anyone have one of these? Seems to be reliable and well built from reviews and videos I've seen. I want a new scope and would like to stick to the 20x or higher range of magnification. The Riton is $230.
Any other scopes that would be as reliable or clearer with equal magnification and turrets for a similar price? I'm willing to spend more (maybe ~$300-$400) if it was going to make a significant difference. I'm not a scope snob and I'm not looking to spend twice as much for glass that's 3% clearer, if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 3:42:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kholm0804] [#1]
Look at this:  Crimson Trace 2 Series 6-24 MOA FFP

$324 shipped

I purchased two, one just came in after a whole 3 day wait.  Japanese made with ED glass, FFP, lens caps, decent eye relief.  Edge to edge clarity is stellar and color is very good.   My only contention would be the turrets, which are tactile and audible, however they can be bumped fairly easy and lack of zero stop.  Reticle isn’t daylight bright, but I need that functionality.  Throw levers are $17 for a two pack on Amazon and well made.  I threw the first one in some ARC M10’s on a AR10.  May buy a couple more next week.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
I went ahead and ordered the Riton X1 Conquer. I already have a Larue 1.5 mount with 1 inch rings for it, so the Riton having a 1'' tube and 50mm objective was ideal, I should have mentioned that originally.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#3]
For anyone interested= When I received my scope the side focus was messed up badly. There was a grinding noise and the scope could not focus past about 100 yards. Take this for whatever it's worth to you. Every company lets a bad product slip through from time to time and I happened to get one.
I returned the Riton and purchased a vortex Diamondback 6-24x50 instead because the side focus scared me out of trying the same scope again.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I was 1-6X shopping a while back.  Looked at the Riton, Vortex PST, Trijicon, and Leopold side by side.  The Riton looked like a nice scope but the one I was looking through seemed to have a slight wave in the glass that caused a very little bit of distortion from about 1100 o'clock to 5 o'clock.  Leopold was the nicest I looked at.  Got the PST.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:31:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:12:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigjunk1:
For anyone interested= When I received my scope the side focus was messed up badly. There was a grinding noise and the scope could not focus past about 100 yards. Take this for whatever it's worth to you. Every company lets a bad product slip through from time to time and I happened to get one.
I returned the Riton and purchased a vortex Diamondback 6-24x50 instead because the side focus scared me out of trying the same scope again.
View Quote

I had the same problem with the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50.  Side focus was all messed up, scratchy feeling and would not focus beyond about 50 yards.  Sent it back.  They replaced it.  All is good now.

This is always "luck of the draw" when it comes to budget-priced Chinese optics.  At least Vortex took care of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top