Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2019 8:08:04 PM EDT
I'm new to precision rifles, and I'm looking for scope rings.

Other than the obvious (1" rings for a 1" scope), what kind of features or problems should I be looking for when shopping for rings (and why)?
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 8:16:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPK] [#1]
Bolt rifle? AR based? ...

Both very solid scope clamping and ring to base or rail mounting. Some think one piece bolt rifle bases are less prone to flex, but I think the action takes care of that and I’m ok with two piece bases.

Or, if your rifle has a rail, maybe a one piece Picatinny Mount.

Cheap rings flex, allow the scope to move and generally suck.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quality matters, rings wise..Vortex has quality  affordable rings..I prefer one piece mounts, I think there is less chance of them being misaligned compared to a set of rings bolted to a rail..but that's me...I use MPA's one piece mount..damn nice mount for 1/2 the money of a sphur....
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#4]
This is for anT/C Compass 308 with a Diamondback Tactical 3-9x40.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Warne rings are decent quality cheap price.  Talley rings are very high quality price varies their one piece ringmounts are very reasonable.  If you need quick release La Rue  LT719.  Top quality Badger Ordnance,  Seekins Precision,

If you have more money than you know what to do with SPUHR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top