Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2020 4:17:08 PM EDT
Is anyone running rings on an AR-10 instead of a one piece mount?

I was wondering, because of the longer top rail of the AR10, if there was enough room to use rings instead of a cantilever mount of some kind.

I ask because I recently picked up a Strike Eagle 5-25 I want to use on my AR10, but eventually I plan on getting a bolt gun and will migrate the scope to that gun instead. Looking for the most compatible mount to do this with, so I figured rings would allow me to easily move to the bolt gun. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Leupold Mark IV aluminum (or steel) rings on a Remington R-25.  

Very stout, reasonably light weight, the mount on 1913/picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Problem is height. You will need 1.5" height rings for an AR but when going to a bolt gun you will only need 1" height for that scope. If you have a bolt gun with a higher adjustable comb you could probably make it work but you will have to see if it works for you.
View Quote

He could always go with a riser.
But frankly, I'd buy a 1 piece mount for the AR10, then buy rings for the second rifle when it's time.
Then he has a mount for the AR10.

I want through the same thing in the opposite direction a few years back. Bought a 1 piece mount for a marlin 336. I was planning on moving the scope and mount to an AR once I got the scope I wanted for the 336.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:43:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I run rings on a AR15,  I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Personally I've never understood why AR patterns "need" a 1.5" height, the cheek weld is horrible (for me anyway).
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I run Warne QD extra high rings with a SWFA SS 3-15x on an Aero large frame. No issues getting that one where I need it, and makes it easier to cram the gun in the safe thanks to the QD.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 1:58:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aggie1819] [#7]
Seekins Cantilever Base = Perfect
https://www.opticsplanet.com/seekins-precision-20-moa-34mm-cantilever-scope-mount.html
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Problem is height. You will need 1.5" height rings for an AR but when going to a bolt gun you will only need 1" height for that scope. If you have a bolt gun with a higher adjustable comb you could probably make it work but you will have to see if it works for you.
View Quote
This. I wouldn't bother trying to make the same rings work.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Warne QD rings with a Zeiss Conquest 1" tube 50mm. No issues, I believe they were the tall mounts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top