Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 3/13/2020 2:04:46 PM EDT
Wasn't sure exactly where to put this question so I'm sticking it in General. Mods feel free to move if need be.

What are ya'll running for on gun data cards? I've been running a Nite Ize 6" Twist Tie wrapped around my scope mount with a couple loops of female velcro on one end. A laminated piece of paper with male velcro for the data card is then stuck to it. It works, but dry erase marker rubs off too easy. I do like not having to worry about it grabbing a barricade or prop though.
Attachment Attached File

Not a fan of arm boards, scope cap generic data, or stuff taped on the gun.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 2:21:35 PM EDT
I use a Hawk Hill. I just use painters tape to write out my dope for different stages. It works great for me.

Data card holder
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:50:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:52:26 PM EDT
A wet erase marker (uses an alcohol pen to erase) may help on keeping info onboard.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:42:36 PM EDT
I use the one from cole tac on my scope or I use an arm board. I've never had my data come off during a stage but if it was a problem you can put a piece of tape on the board and write on that. When your done with the stage rip the tape off and put a new piece with the next stages data.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:58:36 AM EDT
There's a tone of options.  Hawk Hill is the nicest imo, but you're got the X ring one, cole tac, sidewinder versions.  All sort of different ways to get it done.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:33:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:16:44 AM EDT
Piece of velcro holding quick change card in your lens cover?

Or dry erase in the lense cover?

Then you could put data for your stage in it, or a more generic one for general field use.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:40:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 8:40:23 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
You would be better off using the twist ties, index card, and paper clip method. It stays in your peripheral vision better that way, scope caps are generally to small to wrote down multiple targets, elevation, and three wind holds on. Another thing to consider, is that some scopes (like my NF ATACR), the lense caps rotates while dialing magnification.
View Quote

Good to know that idea doesn't play out well.
Top Top