Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2020 8:50:19 PM EDT
Shameless plug for a great company with a great product. I have been using their triggers in my Remington 700's for a number of years now. I usually buy the ones factory set for 8oz. I know many will think it's too light, but understand I use them on target or varmint guns. Anyway I got tired of heavy factory triggers and Timney triggers won't sell one that goes below 3lb and I don't know why? If you have not tried one do it, you will thank me later.

One other nice thing is when you call them with a question they are some of the nicest people in the world to talk to which is a huge plus!
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 9:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I like TrggerTech.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MSC182:
I like TrggerTech.
View Quote

Those are pretty and I am sure are awesome triggers, but boy are they proud of them! I'll have to see if any of my distributors carry them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 9:58:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperJlarge] [#3]
Timney offers the Calvin Elite which goes below 3lbs...it goes below 1lb.

8oz to 2lbs

I’ve got several and really like them. The Triggertech Diamond is a great option in the >240$ range.
The Riflebasix aren’t bad triggers, but the Calvin Elite and TT Diamond have a better feel imo.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MSC182:
I like TrggerTech.
View Quote

Same, TT is as good as it gets for my bolt gun as far as I am concerned..eed
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By P08:
Shameless plug for a great company with a great product. I have been using their triggers in my Remington 700's for a number of years now. I usually buy the ones factory set for 8oz. I know many will think it's too light, but understand I use them on target or varmint guns. Anyway I got tired of heavy factory triggers and Timney triggers won't sell one that goes below 3lb and I don't know why? If you have not tried one do it, you will thank me later.

One other nice thing is when you call them with a question they are some of the nicest people in the world to talk to which is a huge plus!
View Quote

I just installed a Timney Calvin Elite that came set at 10 oz.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]
How many of you have ever tried a Jard or a Jewel or a Canjar or, hell, a factory Anschutz trigger? My bet is not many which makes me, and should make others, look a bit askew at the answers given.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
How many of you have ever tried a Jard or a Jewel or a Canjar or, hell, a factory Anschutz trigger? My bet is not many which makes me, and should make others, look a bit askew at the answers given.
View Quote

I’ve used all of the above sans the Canjar. My dad is into 22 rimfire benchrest, so I’ve tried a bunch of 2oz or lighter triggers (4-5 Annie’s, 7 40x’s and 2 custom actions, with Jewel or Bix and Andy). They are great triggers, but not ideal for applications other than prone or benchrest. I’d never run one in a tactical match, but I’m pretty sure I could still use a Timney Calvin Elite or TT Diamond and do well in the BR matches.

Link Posted: 7/25/2020 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Timney triggers go below 3 pounds. The HIT and Calvin Elite go down to 8 ounces. Even the standard 510 goes to 1.5 pounds. TT go down low also.

Rifle Basix makes a good trigger too. As long as you are happy that is all that counts but got to get the facts straight.
View Quote

Interesting all I have ever seen are 3lb as the lightest. I know the trigger they made for my Colt 2012 was stupid heavy until I worked it over.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 4:33:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Genin] [#11]
I put one on a Defiance Machine receiver for a precision rifle, and something was wrong with it as the bolt always felt as if it was dragging on something, as if there was some kind of grit in the rifle's raceways.  No matter how I cleaned things, the rough feeling remained.  Trigger pull weight was fine, and the trigger and safety both operated properly.  I replaced it with a Timney trigger and the problem disappeared.  I'll let folks draw their own conclusions.

ETA: Other triggers I have used were Jard, Canjar, Rock River, JP, Larue,and have had triggers for M1-A's, Garands and an HK91, worked over by Williams trigger specialties, Cylinder and slide, Wilson, and other's I can't even remember right now...so I have tried a few different triggers on semi-auto handguns, various rifles, and revolvers.  I did think the Jard trigger was a little too light for my preferences on an AR15, but it worked properly...it was just hard to keep it from touching off a second shot...it didn't double, it was actually a very sensitive trigger prone to bump firing.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#12]
For the application you describe, I would choose Jewel.  Not that Rifle Basix is bad, I just think Jewel is better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top