Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2018 9:00:45 AM EDT
I’ve really had my eye on the “new”, guess it’s not so new anymore as it came out beginning of 2018, light weight Remington Model Seven Threaded in 308.
https://www.remington.com/rifles/bolt-action/model-seven/model-seven-threaded.  
I’d be using this mostly for deer hunting as well as shooting both suppressed and non-suppressed.  I’ve been hard pressed to find out any information about this gun.  I found some general information on the model seven with mixed reviews, but nothing specific to this light weight 16.5 inch barrel setup.  
If anyone has first hand experience with this rifle I’d love to hear about it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I was looking at them and trying to choose between the .308 and 300 Blackout. After handling both, i ended up finding a Remington AAC  Micro 7 300 Blackout.  It is a nice little package.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 8:07:31 AM EDT
[#2]
What was it about the micro that had you go that route?
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one. Haven’t shot it yet, you can see my thread in the precision rifle-optics sub forum.

It handles great! I finally got a scope mounted and hope to shoot some 150 grain power shock through it this weekend. I am leaning towards mounting a VX-R 3-9x40 TMR Leupold on it, but it’s currently wearing a 2-7x33 VX-1.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I’d love to hear more about it once you shoot it.  I’ve been unable to find any in stock anywhere around me (but there is an Academy fairly close by saying they have a few in stock currently, but in the past they had none)  What are your impression of the rigidity of the stock?  
It’s basically between the threaded Remington model seven or the Ruger American Predator, in 308.  The Remington is a slightly more compact package which I like, but I know the Ruger is a great shooter.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Villerp19:
I’d love to hear more about it once you shoot it.  I’ve been unable to find any in stock anywhere around me (but there is an Academy fairly close by saying they have a few in stock currently, but in the past they had none)  What are your impression of the rigidity of the stock?  
It’s basically between the threaded Remington model seven or the Ruger American Predator, in 308.  The Remington is a slightly more compact package which I like, but I know the Ruger is a great shooter.
View Quote
The 7 is much more of a refined feeling hunting rifle, but for the money, you can have a pretty nice scope on the Predator and AI mags.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s why I’m really interested in getting my hands on the Seven, as well as getting your report of how well it shoots!
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#7]
@WantsAnRRA - the Academy near my hunting camp had one of the model 7s in stock. I got my hands on it, didn’t buy it yet, but it felt like a nice little package.  If you get out and shoot it anytime soon let me know.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 10:47:52 PM EDT
[#8]
What was it about the micro that had you go that route?
View Quote
I could not find the Kuiu in 300 Blackout in stock anywhere. I was looking on Gun Broker and found the Micro 7 with a Buy it now option and the guy accepted my offer. At first I wanted a 308, but I already have three rifles chambered in 308, I figured I go with the 300 B/O. It is crazy quite with subs and you can pick up ammo just about anywhere. You have to either order or roll your own 308 subs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:20:00 AM EDT
[#9]
@WantsAnRRA - the Academy near my hunting camp had one of the model 7s in stock. I got my hands on it, didn’t buy it yet, but it felt like a nice little package.  If you get out and shoot it anytime soon let me know.
View Quote
If this gun proves to be a shooter, it will get the VX-R 3-9x40 Patrol TMR, Timney trigger and CDI bottom metal. I have heard the Seven series can be hit or miss on accuracy though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, I’ve heard the same on the seven, that’s been the only thing holding me back from buying one already.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:14:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WantsAnRRA] [#11]
Shot mine last night. No pictures of the groups yet, first box of ammo was promising for getting a basic zero.

The guns is balanced so nicely, very easy to shoot sitting or kneeling. The action is a bit stiff, and recoil is nothing to snuff at with the light weight, but plenty manageable. I’d love one with a 20 inch barrel chambered in 6.5 Cr
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By WantsAnRRA:
Shot mine last night. No pictures of the groups yet, first box of ammo was promising for getting a basic zero.

The guns is balanced so nicely, very easy to shoot sitting or kneeling. The action is a bit stiff, and recoil is nothing to snuff at with the light weight, but plenty manageable. I’d love one with a 20 inch barrel chambered in 6.5 Cr
View Quote
Are you running suppressed? I can grab one on the cheap, if its not a shooter its getting turned into a 260.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Great to hear that it shot well!  I’m keeping my eyes open for a good deal online, I’d like to able to pick one up for a little closer to $500 vs $600.
If you get some pictures of the groups once you get it dialed in please post
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ICU:

Are you running suppressed? I can grab one on the cheap, if its not a shooter its getting turned into a 260.
View Quote
Haven’t shot it suppressed yet. I am sure it will get some can time eventually.

I will update here when I get a chance to shoot some more groups.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 1:10:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow!  Before this thread, I didn't know this was even a thing.

Off to update my list...

I'm really liking the .300 BO option.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:39:01 AM EDT
[#16]
In 308 with that short barrel it's gotta be loud!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:37:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Want.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:49:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
In 308 with that short barrel it's gotta be loud!!
View Quote
It’s not terrible
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:20:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hyperformer] [#19]
I have one on the way. Couldn’t resist. Should be great for WI whitetails. Especially when my suppressor comes in.

Pichures. Everyone likes them.

Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#20]
I had a Seven in 7SAUM.  Great gun, quite accurate, nice and light....but for ranges I hunt at, 7-08 made more sense (powder, recoil, etc).  Great little handy bastards.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Hyperformer:
I have one on the way. Couldn’t resist. Should be great for WI whitetails. Especially when my suppressor comes in.

Pichures. Everyone likes them.

https://www.remington.com/sites/default/files/styles/product_gallery_1200/public/product/rifle/galleryimages/Working-File-85922_Model_Seven_Threaded_KUIU_right.jpg?itok=NLY5R5eL
View Quote
Let us know how it groups when it comes in. I fingered one of these at a local shop the other day and it's definitely interesting.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the stock anything special or just their normal plastic?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Is the stock anything special or just their normal plastic?
View Quote
It is just the standard Remington nylon stock painted in the Kuiu Vias camo
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#24]
This thread made me buy one in 308. It is super light weight compared to the custom 700 I've been using. It has some recoil without a suppressor for sure. The trigger is acceptable but I will probably install a timney. it is adequately accurate for what it is. Groups do open up after a few shots but that's to be expected with such a light weight profile.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 12:21:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By netwt12:
This thread made me buy one in 308. It is super light weight compared to the custom 700 I've been using. It has some recoil without a suppressor for sure. The trigger is acceptable but I will probably install a timney. it is adequately accurate for what it is. Groups do open up after a few shots but that's to be expected with such a light weight profile.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/54565/image_jpeg-743660.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/54565/image_jpeg-743662.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/54565/image_jpeg-743664.JPG
View Quote
Holy balls....I had no idea Remington made this rifle.  What did it run you?  This might very well be my next deer slayer.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:14:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
I had a Seven in 7SAUM.  Great gun, quite accurate, nice and light....but for ranges I hunt at, 7-08 made more sense (powder, recoil, etc).  Great little handy bastards.You
View Quote
You have a good shoulder my friend.

My precision rifle is a 7SAUM and even at 18lbs with a big brake its still got a bit of recoil.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Glad the thread finally got some legs!  Thanks to all for posting.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 9:49:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsome-] [#28]
Picked mine up over the summer in 308 and am very happy with it.  Mounted a Holoson red dot on it and had my machinist buddy put some QD Sling Swivel studs on the side of the stock so I can carry out front hands free for hunting.  Got back from hunting 8 days with it in the MT mountains 2 weeks ago.  Great carry/mountain rifle due to the light weight and short barrel. I get groups about 1"inch at 50 yards with the red dot so its acceptable accuracy for me.  Trigger isnt bad at all.  Overall I feel its the perfect lightweight rifle for my hunting needs.  When my Titanium 308 suppressor gets out of jail in January, I will hunt yotes behind my property here in Georgia with it (during day time hours)....I've got a dedicated AR for night time hunting (NV/etc).
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By gunut:
You have a good shoulder my friend.

My precision rifle is a 7SAUM and even at 18lbs with a big brake its still got a bit of recoil.
View Quote
The recoil was not insignificant.  

(another reason I opted to downsize to the 7-08)
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:

Holy balls....I had no idea Remington made this rifle.  What did it run you?  This might very well be my next deer slayer.
View Quote
I got mine for $590 last week or so from
Grabagun

https://grabagun.com/rem-85922-7-tb-kuiu-vias-camo-16-308.html

Picking it up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Burnsome-:
Picked mine up over the summer in 308 and am very happy with it.  Mounted a Holoson red dot on it and had my machinist buddy put some QD Sling Swivel studs on the side of the stock so I can carry out front hands free for hunting.  Got back from hunting 8 days with it in the MT mountains 2 weeks ago.  Great carry/mountain rifle due to the light weight and short barrel. I get groups about 1"inch at 50 yards with the red dot so its acceptable accuracy for me.  Trigger isnt bad at all.  Overall I feel its the perfect lightweight rifle for my hunting needs.  When my Titanium 308 suppressor gets out of jail in January, I will hunt yotes behind my property here in Georgia with it (during day time hours)....I've got a dedicated AR for night time hunting (NV/etc).
View Quote
I would love to see your sling setup. One of the reasons I like hunting with the AR is how it carries.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#32]
That's a sweet looking rig. I love the way the Seven handles.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:44:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hyperformer] [#33]
I have had my rifle for a few weeks now.  Just got the scope mounted as I didn't care for the height I would be saddled with if I used the included rail.

Haven't shot it yet, so this may be a bit premature, but I'll give some of my first impressions.

LIGHT!  Actually feels like a toy.  I'm sure I'll like carrying it in the field.  Hope practical accuracy doesn't suffer.  Holding it on target freehand isn't taxing which is nice.

Overall I like it so far.  With the scope and new mount it comes in at 7lbs. with sling.  I'll post some pics tonight.

My major disappointments are with the stock.  I like to Kuiu pattern as I hunt in their gear, but the thing is not free floated in any sense.

The front of the stock flexes a LOT.  I am concerned how this will affect accuracy. I knew these remington stocks weren't great, but how they can manufacture them to have this much flex is insane.  My last complaint with the stock is how slick it is.  Not sure if its the paint or what, but it feels really slippery.  I have to make sure I have a good grip on it at all times.  I'm going to try some different things to get better grip and make this work.

$600 for a lightweight and compact rifle that I can attach a suppressor to; (waiting) I'm hoping even with these shortcomings this will be a winner in the deer woods.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:44:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsome-] [#34]
Nice write up Hyperformer

I'll try to remember to take pics of my side sling setup and post.

Agree with the slippery feel of the stock.  While hunting in Montana earlier this month I wrapped the grip area with some camo tape and it helped a lot.

Very utilitarian gun. Found it so lightweight and short I basically carried the thing like a pistol while hunting a lot of the time - one handed with muzzle down.  Never had a problem with the muzzle hitting the ground since its so short.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:59:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hyperformer] [#35]
@Burnsome- how did your hunt go?  I hunted the Gravely Range last fall.

Leupold VX-R 2-7x33 Ballistic Firedot 12.7oz. This is a fantastic scope.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Nice.  Here's how I have my stock set up.  A machinist friend of mine installed them and had to do some back-side reinforcements due to the thin stock but it works great.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

My annual hunting trip in Montana was great.  Couple of guys in camp downed elk and mule deer.  Only thing I shot was a timber rat that got in our tent one night.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:27:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsome-] [#37]
@Hyperformer

Your scope set up has inspired me to put a regular scope on mine instead of a red dot.  Just ordered DeadNutz Gamereaper camo scope base and putting a camo'd Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Circle-X Reticle Riflescope that I've had sitting around in the basement.

Will post pics when I get it set up
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Love that rifle in 308!
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Remington had a rough go there for a while but they seem to be coming back now. I heard they re-tooled their plant with equipment that you no longer need to have worked there for 50 years to understand the quirks. I just bought a Marlin Trapper 45-70 that is all new for 2018 and I'm very happy with it. The Model 7 is an old war horse name on a completely new product and from what I've heard from reliable sources, (not keyboard experts), they are very nice rifles.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#40]
I would love one in 6.5 Creed, my father has a non threaded 7mm08 and it has been an excellent hunting rifle.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By coyotesilencer:
I would love one in 6.5 Creed, my father has a non threaded 7mm08 and it has been an excellent hunting rifle.
View Quote
6.5 CM mod 7 with a threaded 18" barrel would be great!
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By lmlandlord:

6.5 CM mod 7 with a threaded 18" barrel would be great!
View Quote
If this model(threaded) is successful, I would expect to see at least in 260...
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Remington does sell Model Seven actions. I wonder who could make a threaded barrel with the same profile.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:50:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Nice.  Here's how I have my stock set up.  A machinist friend of mine installed them and had to do some back-side reinforcements due to the thin stock but it works great.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17185/REM_7_-_6_JPG-756196.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17185/REM_7_-_2_JPG-756198.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17185/REM_7_-_5_JPG-756200.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17185/REM_7_-_1_JPG-756201.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17185/REM_7_-_3_JPG-756203.JPG

My annual hunting trip in Montana was great.  Couple of guys in camp downed elk and mule deer.  Only thing I shot was a timber rat that got in our tent one night.
View Quote
Where did you get the QD hardware? I want to do that to all my bolt guns. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#45]
@Chewbacca

here you go sir.  These are the ones I used.

Rear

Front
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Outstanding.  Thank you
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By lmlandlord:
Remington does sell Model Seven actions. I wonder who could make a threaded barrel with the same profile.
View Quote
Anyone who does barrel work?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:23:30 AM EDT
[#48]
@Hyperformer

Your scope set up has inspired me to put a regular scope on mine instead of a red dot.  Just ordered DeadNutz Gamereaper camo scope base and putting a camo'd Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Circle-X Reticle Riflescope that I've had sitting around in the basement.

Will post pics when I get it set up
View Quote
@Burnsome

Nice!  Did you get the scope mounted?  I’m pretty happy with the deadnutz mount. Definitely gets the scope lower.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 5:27:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Nice!  Did you get the scope mounted?  I’m pretty happy with the deadnutz mount. Definitely gets the scope lower.
View Quote
Mount is due in today according to amazon.  Will post pics when I get it mounted
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 7:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsome-] [#50]
@Hyperformer

what scope mount do you have for your Model 7 ?  I assume its a 30mm deadnutz and am looking for the model number

my mount hasnt arrived yet as its been backordered, but its for a 1" scope.

I've got a 30mm Leupold I can put on mine as well and might go that route
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top