User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By west2746:

Basically any that works with an AR should work. I've seen reports the MDT, Law, and the the one on the SBA braces all work. There maybe others but these are the three I've read worked or worked on the different videos I've watched.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chewbacca:
What folding stock/adapter would work?

Basically any that works with an AR should work. I've seen reports the MDT, Law, and the the one on the SBA braces all work. There maybe others but these are the three I've read worked or worked on the different videos I've watched.
Yep. I've found the Hera Arms adapter to be the cheapest, and mine has held up well on another braced pistol.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By chewbacca:
What folding stock/adapter would work?
View Quote

I had an MDT folding adapter on mine.  Worked great.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Did the 300 blk version get released? I got an email alert from PSA advising they were in stock today. When I saw the email tonight and clicked on the link, it was listed as out of stock.

Is it out or was this just an error with PSA?

Can not find anybody else listing it as in stock.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Did the 300 blk version get released? I got an email alert from PSA advising they were in stock today. When I saw the email tonight and clicked on the link, it was listed as out of stock.

Is it out or was this just an error with PSA?

Can not find anybody else listing it as in stock.
View Quote
Yes. I've seen them all in stock at one point or another. They are floating around. Right now the .223 seems to be the only one available anywhere but a week or three ago it was the .300blk.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]
There are tons of 6.5 creedmore, but I have yet to see a 300blk go up. I'm on just about every notify me list on dozens of sites, and gunbroker searches. I haven't seen one yet. I wish. I got a ruger American with the ar mag from Cabela's for about $370 out the door, so that'll have to do while I wait.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jt526:
There are tons of 6.5 creedmore, but I have yet to see a 300blk go up. I'm on just about every notify me list on dozens of sites, and gunbroker searches. I haven't seen one yet. I wish. I got a ruger American with the ar mag from Cabela's for about $370 out the door, so that'll have to do while I wait.
View Quote

Why wait pay the money cut the barrel have a usable stock.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 1:44:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

View All Quotes

The chassis is the main reason and  the money still doesn't work out, and I just can't get past that. A ruger Amer. ar chassis from mdt at 499, plus the barrel chop and shipping. The mdt lss xl chassis is too long for a short barrel, so that needs to be milled off to go short, the chassis of the CP is just what I'm looking for, a poor mans mini-fix. I love my 6.5 fix, but I am not kicking out $3k on another bolt gun. It would almost be as cheap to rebarrel a 223 model ~$775 with a KAK barrel than mess with the ruger, that I can resell up until I sbr it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have a 6.5mm Creedmoor? Wondering how the short barrel performs with it. I’ve seen some good mentions on it... but nothing in depth.

I’m between .308 and 6.5mm. .308... I have a Model 7 in the same caliber (which is my main scoped bolt gun), so would be ok to keep it alike. 6.5mm does interest me, especially some of the stuff I’ve heard about it and African hunting (Ryan Cleckner and his podcast), but completely new caliber for me. Not too fond of a full length 6.5mm, as I really don’t know of too many places past 200 yards to shoot.

Likely going to stay a pistol, as is my truck AR... mainly for the ability to keep loaded in my vehicle. Doubt it would ever come up, but hey... it’s legal to do so.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I really wish Ruger would make something like this. I'd even go for a rimfire version from them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Screwball:
Anyone have a 6.5mm Creedmoor? Wondering how the short barrel performs with it. I’ve seen some good mentions on it... but nothing in depth.

I’m between .308 and 6.5mm. .308... I have a Model 7 in the same caliber (which is my main scoped bolt gun), so would be ok to keep it alike. 6.5mm does interest me, especially some of the stuff I’ve heard about it and African hunting (Ryan Cleckner and his podcast), but completely new caliber for me. Not too fond of a full length 6.5mm, as I really don’t know of too many places past 200 yards to shoot.

Likely going to stay a pistol, as is my truck AR... mainly for the ability to keep loaded in my vehicle. Doubt it would ever come up, but hey... it’s legal to do so.
View Quote

If under 200 yards is the norm the caliber is irrelevant. Ammo cost and availability is actually pretty close you can even find fmj Creedmoor loads for close to $.50 a round. So just pick whichever one you like best. I think I would just go with 308 but I honestly don't think you are going to see much difference with those rounds and the super short barrel.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Have they finally started coming out with the other models or is it still only the .308 win for now?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:
Have they finally started coming out with the other models or is it still only the .308 win for now?
View Quote

I've seen everything but for the 300 blk. Plenty of 308, 6.5, and .223 can be found.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]
The chassis is the main reason and  the money still doesn't work out, and I just can't get past that. A ruger Amer. ar chassis from mdt at 499, plus the barrel chop and shipping. The mdt lss xl chassis is too long for a short barrel, so that needs to be milled off to go short, the chassis of the CP is just what I'm looking for, a poor mans mini-fix. I love my 6.5 fix, but I am not kicking out $3k on another bolt gun. It would almost be as cheap to rebarrel a 223 model ~$775 with a KAK barrel than mess with the ruger, that I can resell up until I sbr it.
View Quote

Are you talking a KAK Remage barrel? I had thought about doing the same but was not sure the barrel nut would fit in the chassis of the remington cp.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 12:10:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#14]

Are you talking a KAK Remage barrel? I had thought about doing the same but was not sure the barrel nut would fit in the chassis of the remington cp.
View Quote
Yep, that was my thought. Get the CP in 223 and do a KAK remage 10.5" barrel. But I also just picked up an AAC Micro 7 just to add to my quandary, so that could be sbr'd chopped and chassis'd as well. Sure would be cool if Remington put out the 300blk CP so I could stop buying guns trying to decide what to do.

eta: goddamnit, player 2 has entered the game. Actually, never mind, Msrp of $2k

https://yhm.net/marcr-bolt-action-pistol-in-300-blackout.html

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep, that was my thought. Get the CP in 223 and do a KAK remage 10.5" barrel. But I also just picked up an AAC Micro 7 just to add to my quandary, so that could be sbr'd chopped and chassis'd as well. Sure would be cool if Remington put out the 300blk CP so I could stop buying guns trying to decide what to do.

eta: goddamnit, player 2 has entered the game. Actually, never mind, Msrp of $2k

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158773/D8C0AC29-0087-47BA-911C-073D26ABD307-1462254.jpg
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158773/D8C0AC29-0087-47BA-911C-073D26ABD307-1462254.jpg
wow, yeah that price kind of kills it for me. I really want Ruger to jump in this game and bring the prices down.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

I think for that money I’d do the Elf Owl based on the Howa unless you have to have AICS mags. A full size 700 action seems like a waste on 223 and 300blk.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:46:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mop89] [#17]
I ordered a JTAC Elf Owl last night, the website says 3 weeks till shipped so I'll update once it arrives.

went with .300blk 9" barrel 7.5" handguard

edit: here is the breakdown

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/23/2020 10:19:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#18]
Just ordered the screech owl chassis w/ collapsible stock for the 700. Super helpful at JTAC and the sent some elf owl vs screech owl shots. I am a sucker for a collapsible stock, and I was always going to sbr it. Now to source a receiver or grab a cheap 700 ADL for the reciever.

From JTAC -
Question 1 was does the screech owl fit remage barrels:

Yes the Screech Owl chassis does fit the remage barrel nuts and we have actually specifically used KAK barrels on some of our test guns.

Question 2 was do they have blueprints/overlays to compare chassis size:

I don't have a blueprint overlay, but I have attached several pictures that should help you compare. The heights of the chassis themselves are almost identical, and the Screech Owl chassis is about half an inch longer than the Elf Owl. That said the size differences extend to the actions themselves. The Remington action extends slightly in front of the chassis so the total length difference comes out to about 3/4" and the total height difference comes out to about 1/4". The weight difference between the chassis is minimal, but between the actions more noticeable, and it comes out to about a pound for similar setups (Barrel contour makes a difference because the starting diameter of the Howa barrels is quite a bit thinner).

Link Posted: 6/23/2020 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Mop89:
I ordered a JTAC Elf Owl last night, the website says 3 weeks till shipped so I'll update once it arrives.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/267393/A7F6089C-76BC-40DF-B659-44C63EC0D9CD_png-1462608.JPG
View Quote

Is that the suppressor specific handguard? Pretty damn close to what I was looking at except I would go SBR.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Mop89:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/267393/A7F6089C-76BC-40DF-B659-44C63EC0D9CD_png-1462608.JPG
View Quote
yes please post pics and a review once you've shot it. It looks like a damn sweet gun and that is the configuration I am most interested in. Especially that brace/cheekrest combo.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 7:17:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Just ordered the screech owl chassis w/ collapsible stock for the 700. Super helpful at JTAC and the sent some elf owl vs screech owl shots. I am a sucker for a collapsible stock, and I was always going to sbr it. Now to source a receiver or grab a cheap 700 ADL for the reciever.

From JTAC -
Question 1 was does the screech owl fit remage barrels:

Yes the Screech Owl chassis does fit the remage barrel nuts and we have actually specifically used KAK barrels on some of our test guns.

Question 2 was do they have blueprints/overlays to compare chassis size:

I don't have a blueprint overlay, but I have attached several pictures that should help you compare. The heights of the chassis themselves are almost identical, and the Screech Owl chassis is about half an inch longer than the Elf Owl. That said the size differences extend to the actions themselves. The Remington action extends slightly in front of the chassis so the total length difference comes out to about 3/4" and the total height difference comes out to about 1/4". The weight difference between the chassis is minimal, but between the actions more noticeable, and it comes out to about a pound for similar setups (Barrel contour makes a difference because the starting diameter of the Howa barrels is quite a bit thinner).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158773/E015B3EB-44D6-4C63-B029-3430B354E6BA-1474260.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158773/8EBA93AA-6560-4925-B6AA-274A141A4C14-1474259.jpg

View Quote

Damn it!! I already have to many projects!! Now I have to have this as well!!

And I thought Black Powder revolvers were addicting!
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Does anybody know who makes the chassis for the cp? I know of a couple companies making pistol size chassis but they are not the same as the Remington chassis. I really like the full, enclosed rail. Anybody know anybody making something with a similar fore end as the Remington chassis?

Been checking the Remington web store and no go.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:36:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Does anybody know who makes the chassis for the cp? I know of a couple companies making pistol size chassis but they are not the same as the Remington chassis. I really like the full, enclosed rail. Anybody know anybody making something with a similar fore end as the Remington chassis?

Been checking the Remington web store and no go.
View Quote

I can’t think of many that totally enclose the barrel. Definitely not the norm in the rifle world. JP used to do one but it’s long and not a pistol chassis.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 9:52:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#24]
The screeh owl  chassis is spectacular, now off to class 3 machining for the barrel chop, and my Remington "700 CP" is done, and probably better and way lighter than the actual CP.

Screech Owl Mini Review

Link Posted: 7/23/2020 10:41:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CFletch] [#25]
The screeh owl  chassis is spectacular, now off to class 3 machining for the barrel chop, and my Remington "700 CP" is done, and probably better and way lighter than the actual CP.

Screech Owl Mini Review

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158773/IMG_2055-1516692.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158773/IMG_2052-1516689.jpg
View Quote
that looks great!

What barrel length equates to having the suppressor roughly flush to the chassis? I was considering one of their complete Howa-based Elf Owl rifles, but if the 700 chassis is as good I might just go with that for the extra aftermarket support options (and superior magazine to the Howa).
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 11:37:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#26]
One other reason I went with the 700 was the front mounted mag release on the Howa, I just couldn't deal with it being there for no reason on a chassis like this.

barrel is going to be ~8.5" from the boltface, maybe plus or minus an 8th, with .5" past the front rail for threading. Which is real close to the ~9" I was thinking it would be. The barrel is one of the slim tapered 300blk used on the AAC Micro 7. It is barely wide enough at the end of the forearm to thread. I may need to use one of those scar muzzle adapter rings to mount to. I think the OD at that point is about .70

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:24:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I still am confused about why so many people won’t just SBR a Precision rifle rather than waiting on these.  There’s always deals to be found on bases model bolt guns and chassis systems. I understand the advantage of a pistol classification for carrying purposes but would think these serve a different purpose but having a good stock is priceless.
View Quote

Loaded rifle in a vehicle is a nogo in most states. Loaded pistol is fine...
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:52:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cms81586:
I still am confused about why so many people won't just SBR a Precision rifle rather than waiting on these.  There's always deals to be found on bases model bolt guns and chassis systems. I understand the advantage of a pistol classification for carrying purposes but would think these serve a different purpose but having a good stock is priceless.

That's why I favor the pistol, since Im travel a decent amount. Also the $200 and the almost year-long wait. And the giant FU to the ATF for it's unConstitutional rules.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 2:39:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CFletch:
That's why I favor the pistol, since Im travel a decent amount. Also the $200 and the almost year-long wait. And the giant FU to the ATF for it's unConstitutional rules.
View Quote

An eForm 1 is taking less than 30 days currently.  Chopping a rifle barrel into an SBR qualifies for a Form 1. Buying a manufactured SBR requires a Form 4, 8-14 months.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 4:29:41 AM EDT
[#30]
I always thought the XP-100 was really cool, and it was only a single-shot (except for the limited production run of XP-100R with their 4-round magazines.)  Why not a 700 CP?
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I still haven't seen one of these in 300 BLK and wonder if I ever will now that Remington has gone bankrupt.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 9:24:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#32]
Originally Posted By ar15stin:
I still haven't seen one of these in 300 BLK and wonder if I ever will now that Remington has gone bankrupt.
View Quote
I'll still buy one if it ever comes out, but Jesus what bad choices they made on release
order.

eta: final form on sbr

Link Posted: 10/3/2020 8:43:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsome-] [#33]
Tagaroonie.....

Been looking for one in 223 but none to be found anywhere....at least that I can find.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#34]
I should have picked up a 223 at the end of July. That was about the last time I saw one. I have seen a couple of 6.5 or 308 come up on gunbroker, for over $1000.

I gave up. Bought a 223 action. Going to get a remage barrel and drop into a MDT chassis. Unless I can find another chassis between now and when I get my stamp back.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 3:57:13 AM EDT
[#35]
I'll still buy one if it ever comes out, but Jesus what bad choices they made on release
order.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158773/E512A11C-38CA-45BB-8BF0-D12B166515BE-1532024.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ar15stin:
order.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158773/E512A11C-38CA-45BB-8BF0-D12B166515BE-1532024.jpg

F in chat for another gun that will probably never get. Here is to hoping the 783 series survived.

I'm liking the chassis more everytime I see it. How is the buttstock? Does it move alot or pretty solid?
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 4:43:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brickeyee] [#36]
Still have an XP-100.
Is scary accurate.

.221 Fireball.

Barrel length has little to do with accuracy.
The longer sight radius helps, but you can always put a scope on them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

F in chat for another gun that will probably never get. Here is to hoping the 783 series survived.

I'm liking the chassis more everytime I see it. How is the buttstock? Does it move alot or pretty solid?
View Quote
Very solid I have no complaints on 300blk about the stock, .223 probably same. I'm sure it is fine on 308, but the recoil might be stout in a small package.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Does anyone know if the 700CP is still in production post- bankruptcy, or are the occasional ones coming up for sale new-old-stock?

I really want a 300blk pistol, but have only spotted the 223 700CP for sale and bare receivers seem to be getting scarce.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Kharn:
Does anyone know if the 700CP is still in production post- bankruptcy, or are the occasional ones coming up for sale new-old-stock?

I really want a 300blk pistol, but have only spotted the 223 700CP for sale and bare receivers seem to be getting scarce.

Kharn
View Quote

From what I read on the internet and read in the news, Remington is not making anything and will not be making any firearms anytime soon. Something about the people who bought them do not have a license to produce firearms.

I’ve seen a few used 308 and 6.5 up on gun broker for over $1300.

Midway USA had the .223 up on their webpage this morning for $900. Not sure how many they have or where they got them since they were the last place I saw who had any and they went out of stock end of sept’ish.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 4:31:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kharn] [#40]
With that, I guess my debate is buying the 223 700CP and rebarreling it, or a bare receiver and building one from the ground up.
I'm expecting MD to ban all braces this winter, only COVID stopped them last year from banning braced semis.

Kharn
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top