Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2021 6:18:18 PM EDT
I happened to get a redding T7 press on the cheap. I have been reloading on a RCBS Jr press. You guys have any tips for setting up the redding t7?
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Only problem I found with mine is clear plastic old primer tube filling up sticking primers.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:59:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DonofKalifornia:
Only problem I found with mine is clear plastic old primer tube filling up sticking primers.
View Quote

so the primers end up stuck in the tube? there a fix for it?
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:12:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#3]
Yes... Get a redding instant indicator!

If you're not familiar with it, it basically does the same thing as the Hornady bullet comparator except it is press mounted.

You would use it in conjunction with your seating die to get bullets that all have exactly the same ogive to base length (ie, exactly the same jump to the lands).

1) make a bullet that has the exact ogive measurement you want.
2) setup the instand indicator to read "zero" based on that length.
3) back out your seating die a little bit so you seat the bullet a little long.
4) rotate over to the indicator die and make a measurement to figure out how far to adjust seating die down.
5) adjust the seating die down however much the indicator reads, rotate back over to seating die, seat bullet.

You can do this same thing with a Hornady comparator but it is lightening fast with the t7 and in my opinion it's more accurate. It's the whole reason I bought the press.

I keep mine setup to load precision 308 and 6.5CM ammo. Plan to get another tool head for 30-06 and 223 precision loads.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]
No tips for you, but I wanted to say I love my T7 and Redding dies.... I'm a Redding fanboy!

-ZA
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 3:59:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StromBusa] [#5]
Originally Posted By DrDover:
I happened to get a redding T7 press on the cheap. I have been reloading on a RCBS Jr press. You guys have any tips for setting up the redding t7?
View Quote

tips? get 2 and mount on Inline Fabrication quick change system.

https://inlinefabrication.com/
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ZA206:
No tips for you, but I wanted to say I love my T7 and Redding dies.... I'm a Redding fanboy!

-ZA
View Quote

#metoo, such smooth presses
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By StromBusa:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StromBusa:
Originally Posted By ZA206:

-ZA

We've probably put >250k rounds through the t7 at work. It's smooth as glass.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#8]
If it did not come with one, consider getting the priming attachment.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:30:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DonofKalifornia] [#9]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:
If it did not come with one, consider getting the priming attachment.
View Quote

I put one on mine, didn’t like it. Works just OK, but right the the way where you are working.

For depriming have the hose drop into a bottle, not build up in the hose.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#10]
My T7 is all jammed up with spent primers.  It looks like I will have to disassemble the press to fix it.  The knob comes off the handle all the time as well.

Tony

Link Posted: 11/8/2021 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#11]
This insert works great to keep the occasional primer from flying out onto the floor. Out of stock at the moment but perhaps someone else makes them.

Primer director
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top