Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2021 11:51:37 AM EDT
I have two sons that are young.  The oldest is starting to shoot his .22 rifle.  I am putting together a little starter collection of guns for both of them.  Just the basics like 22 rifles, 20 and 12 gauge shotguns, I have enough AR's to give them each one etc.  I don't personally have anything in the AR10 range.  What I would like to do is get 3 lowers or upper/lower sets that we can build.  I might build mine sooner rather than later just to have, but I would like to have theirs for when they are old enough to shoot them so that we could do a build with whatever the caliber of choice is at that time.  Any recommendations?  I haven't looked into big boy AR's in a while, but my recollection is that they aren't the same are their little brothers where everything is essentially universal fit unless you get into specialty stuff like piston kits or manufacture specific designs.  I remember looking at Mega Maten sets that had the DPMS and SR25 compatibility, but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for options to consider because things have likely changed since I looked at them
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Aero M5
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
X2 on Aero for builder parts.
One further point, you can get matched receiver sets and also Cerakoted sets
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rubicon777:
X2 on Aero for builder parts.
One further point, you can get matched receiver sets and also Cerakoted sets
View Quote

Looks solid and price seems reasonable.  Any particular reason for recommending?
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Just trying to be helpful. (Not a shill)
Ive built several small frame AR’s  out of their  m4E1 pattern.
And one M5 thats a tack driver.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Rubicon777:
Just trying to be helpful. (Not a shill)
Ive built several small frame AR’s  out of their  m4E1 pattern.
And one M5 thats a tack driver.
View Quote

Good enough endorsement for me
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:53:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cone256] [#6]
I bought 3 Aero M5 (not M5E1) receivers sets.  Happy thus far
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By cone256:
View Quote

Nice.  What did you build?
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 1:13:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cone256] [#8]
Originally Posted By kchustle:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kchustle:
Originally Posted By cone256:

I have a 18" 6.5CM upper with Criterion barrel, a 16" .308 upper, and I'm putting together a 22" 6.5CM upper at some point.  I have 2 lowers built out, one with a Magpul PRS stock rifle buffer tube and another carbine buffer with Magpul STR.  The 3rd lower is still in the box just need to decide which stock setup to go with.  Currently waiting on optic upgrades for the 18" and 16" uppers but here are some pics

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top