9:52 Sitting Rapid result
10:16 Prone Rapid
12:09 Prone Rapid result
13:35 Prone Slow 1
19:12 Prone Slow 1 result
20:23 Prone Slow 2
25:58 Prone Slow 2 result
26:12 Summary and scoreboard

While testing the FMJs the past couple months, I couldn't help but feel my skill had deteriorated. At home, I mocked up my A2 upper found my index points to transpose to the carbine.

I also went with a known quality of "the load" (no to be confused with C.E.Harris' "The Load"):
25gr H4895
50gr VMAX
CCI 400
2.255"

At the match, I quit thinking about what I didn't need to. Shutup and shoot. After this whole year of dead calm days and weather cancellations, the 15mph wind was unexpected, but seemed to trigger my old competitive spirit. The one that matches the quote from Days Of Thunder - "I'm not going faster, everyone else is going slower!" - which is evident in the comments during Offhand.

Between gusts, Offhand was steadier than I've been in a year.
The guy to my right gave an assist in Sitting (crossfired 8 of his 10 shots, great group though). The rules say I get the highest scoring 10 shots, hence the OnTarget analysis omitting holes. My NPA was high 10-ring though.

Prone Rapid, my Natural Point of Aim settled the crosshairs a bit low.
Prone Slow was superb. When I executed the shot properly, it went in the X-ring. If I wasn't as smooth on the trigger, it stayed inside the 10-ring. It was weird to see light coming through the growing hole in my target when looking through the little Nikon scope. A unique distraction.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Good shooting in that wind.  Thanks for sharing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top