Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2018 7:41:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony]
I decided to use up some leftover Benchmark and 50gr VMAXs to find a more likely node for Hornady 55gr FMJs in my carbine. Only had 49, dangit.

Boring vid of shooting final group

Older pic of gun:
Attachment Attached File

My default charge for medium speed stick powders is 25gr, unless the books say no. I went minus to plus 0.5gr.

G1: 10 rounds 24.5gr in the middle.
G2: 10 rounds 24.5gr top-left.
G3: 9 rounds 25.0gr top-right. (Eyes lost focus)
G4: 10 rounds 25.5gr bottom-right.
G5: 10 rounds 25.5gr bottom-left.

Called outliers are covered in red and weren't counted. The low one on G3 wasn't called and seems close enough.

Attachment Attached File

1.03 MOA average with a botched group ain't too shabby. I'm not sure which is a better node, but since I don't need speed and 25.5gr is close to book max, I like 24.5gr.

A bonus was getting to do a small box test of this scope. Seems there may be same backlash down and left.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I like Benchmark from what little I've done with it, reloder 7 and Lt-32 get all the love and it gets overlooked on my bench.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top