Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2021 9:06:21 AM EDT
Which one and why? I’m now in a position to purchase a quality range finder. And got to looking at range finding binoculars.
Should I combine or not is the question?
Would I be better off buying the best range finder I can afford?
Or the best range finding binoculars?
1400.00 budget.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I went kilo 2400, simple reason, they flat work, they will register hits at very serious distances. the weather station works as does the AB ballistic program.. all in one in binocs sounds great, but not sure weather system in binocs would work right...This guy gets quality hits out past 3000 yards regularly on a 24" square piece of steel...

He does not use the AB program, but it does work, it pretty much matches straight up with JBM's ballistics with equal data...

SIG SAUER kilo2400abs Laser Range Finder
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Sig Kilo3000BDX 10X42 Rangefinding Binoculars Review
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are only going to spend $1400, I would stay away from range-finding binoculars, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm leaning towards Sig KILO3000BDX.
Anyone have any experiance with them? They will pair nicely with my Kestral is the hope
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Although....The new Furys do look awesome!
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By YoteSlayer69:
I'm leaning towards Sig KILO3000BDX.
Anyone have any experiance with them? They will pair nicely with my Kestral is the hope
View Quote

Just curious, do you have one of their scopes? My buddy has the whole setup/rangefinder/scope tied together..it works but no weather and its limited on how far out it will give you dope for...In close it seems to work very good, and he really liked it, but he said he was disappointed on how far it would reach for dope..I have no idea how far it reaches, it was just a comment he made, his only other comment was it needed a weather station built in...
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:

Just curious, do you have one of their scopes? My buddy has the whole setup/rangefinder/scope tied together..it works but no weather and its limited on how far out it will give you dope for...In close it seems to work very good, and he really liked it, but he said he was disappointed on how far it would reach for dope..I have no idea how far it reaches, it was just a comment he made, his only other comment was it needed a weather station built in...
View Quote

It goes to 800 yards. Past that you need to link to a Kestrel or similar.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:53:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpeyRod] [#9]
Depends on the use. For archery elk hunting a small rangefinder I can drop without too much commotion is perfect. If the game will be close keep it small. Ranging for longer targets the rf Bino’s are the ticket. I could really use some for longer distance shooting!

In my dream world I would range with my binos and switch to my gun that had the dope dialed based off my laze.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Got the Sig Kilo 3000BDX. So far I have only had time to play with the bino and range a few things. So far I like them. I'll be taking them out in the wild over the weekend. And will  be pairing them with my Kestral soon.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a Bushnell range finder that quit working if it had been binoculars I could still use it in the vehicle. But as monocalor it sucks. I have been thinking about a set of binocular range finder when my Leupold gives up. I also kinda wonder if the binocular version would be a bit easier to use at extended range with the tripod adapter? I know I’m not really impressed with my Leupold it’s small and nice for hunting but at extended range it’s hard to hold steady. Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I've tried it both ways, still not sure what I prefer.

Steiner M830r 8x30 LRF - These are a bit heavy for hunting/Hiking. Fine for stationary hunting. Also easier/faster for calling shot for a buddy.

or

Steiner M830r 8x30 or Predator AF 8x30
and
Leica CRF2400-R - This is easier when there is more glassing then not, while only needing the LRF periodically. Things can get busy when moving between the binoculars, LRF and a rifle.

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Just playing around ranging trees and trash cans in the park..First silly me...Ya can't range through glass..But once I opened the door and went outside...Paired with the kestral gave me range and a solution lightning quick. So far I have only gone out to 350 400 yards. But so far I'm really liking them. They are a bit on the heavy side. But lighter than say carrying a range finder plus Binos. This weekend out in the wild I shoulkd be able to stretch them out a bunch.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:24:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility] [#14]
Just playing around ranging trees and trash cans in the park..First silly me...Ya can't range through glass..But once I opened the door and went outside...Paired with the kestral gave me range and a solution lightning quick. So far I have only gone out to 350 400 yards. But so far I'm really liking them. They are a bit on the heavy side. But lighter than say carrying a range finder plus Binos. This weekend out in the wild I shoulkd be able to stretch them out a bunch.
View Quote

How do you like the glass? I have tried them and found things looked a bit blue but not bad. Rangefinding binos are going to be my next purchase and it's between the Sig 3000 and Vortex I think. Sig seems to have more cool features but the Vortex seems more common and easier to have serviced.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Roddy556:

How do you like the glass? I have tried them and found things looked a bit blue but not bad. Rangefinding binos are going to be my next purchase and it's between the Sig 3000 and Vortex I think. Sig seems to have more cool features but the Vortex seems more common and easier to have serviced.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Roddy556:

Glass is comparable to my Gen 2 pst scope
Close to Gen 1 Razor.
But the features rock!
Was doing side by side ranging with a Vortex on Sunday
Both have identical ranges
So that is a gimme between the two
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:47:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I would go bino combo for sure. The sig is a good option if you're on a budget. If you want really good glass and a range finder look at the swaros.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top