Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2018 12:37:25 PM EDT
I have been interested in one of these for a while now, would be mainly a plinking rifle with maybe some hunting mixed in, was wondering what everyone’s opinion is of those?? Have been on the verge of buying one before but this might be the time I finally take the leap. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have shot one, once. A good shooter that is marginally priced for what you get.

If that is your dream rifle, go for it. It will likely do everything you want it to do.

For a little more $ you could find more options or for the same $ build a better rifle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank You Sir
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#3]
You can definitely build a better AR for the same money.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:
You can definitely build a better AR for the same money.
View Quote
Totally agree. For 1500, you can def build something better.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#5]
What would be you guys suggestions on where to start?
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Smallmouth:
What would be you guys suggestions on where to start?
View Quote
Ballistic Advantage barrel of your choice
Receivers of your choice, I like Aero
ALG handguard
ALG LPK
Toolcraft BCG
Geissele SSA or SSA-E trigger if you want lighter
B5 sopmod stock
Magpul MOE+ grip
Geissele SCH
Any decent buffer tube
Quality buffer spring
H1 buffer
Geissele gas block
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 12:52:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Or just buy a LaRue Ultimate Upper and add your favorite lower.

That makes it really easy and they are usually pretty darn accurate.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 6:06:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys for the suggestions.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought a RRA coyote rifle back around 2007. Its been a great shooter and plenty accurate with the 50 and 65gr bullets I worked up loads for.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Smallmouth:
I have been interested in one of these for a while now, would be mainly a plinking rifle with maybe some hunting mixed in, was wondering what everyone’s opinion is of those?? Have been on the verge of buying one before but this might be the time I finally take the leap. Thanks
View Quote
Not exactly the same, but Very close I have a 2009 vintage ATH carbine. Very accurate with my handloads (52 & 69 grain pills) kinda heavy though. Been thinking about getting rid of it, but well salad days are here and I don’t want to just give it away.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah I have always thought about one but when the time came where I had a little extra cash something else always jumped in front of it, would basically be a range toy mostly, already have a stripped RRA lower so it might just happen this time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#12]
They’re phenomenally accurate barrels, I’ve had one and a couple varmint models, and I have friends that have them after shooting mine. Without buying a premium cut rifled barrel that’s going to cost as much as you can get the entire RRA upper for you’d be hard pressed to build something more accurate.

I bought all of my uppers through legal transfers and their pricing is great. I wouldn’t pay what RRA or the dealers want for a complete rifle though, at that point you are at the money that you can build something better with a cut rifled barrel.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Do they still use Wilson blanks to make the barrels?As those barrels have always been pretty darn accuracy. Have always wanted to get one of their NM A2 or A4 rifles.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks again guys for the info, still tossing it around.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:
Do they still use Wilson blanks to make the barrels?As those barrels have always been pretty darn accuracy. Have always wanted to get one of their NM A2 or A4 rifles.
View Quote
RRA uses Wilson Arms barrels. I have one of their bull barrels, which I've been very satisfied with.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:52:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MarkL1:

RRA uses Wilson Arms barrels. I have one of their bull barrels, which I've been very satisfied with.
View Quote
I had a Predator Persuit 20" Wilson barreled upper
Shot tons of rounds through it, it was quite accurate, it still is.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:

Ballistic Advantage barrel of your choice
Receivers of your choice, I like Aero
ALG handguard
ALG LPK
Toolcraft BCG
Geissele SSA or SSA-E trigger if you want lighter
B5 sopmod stock
Magpul MOE+ grip
Geissele SCH
Any decent buffer tube
Quality buffer spring
H1 buffer
Geissele gas block
View Quote
This^
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I used a RRA R3 Competition upper on a lower I put together.  It’s really impressive.  Highly recommend.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:32:20 PM EDT
[#19]
RRA is good, proven stuff.  Another factory option that is often overlooked because they don't have a tactical instagram following is Midwest Industries.  Criterion barrels are very nice.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks again guys for all the help.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Thought I would update this post to let everyone know that I got the Coyote rifle together, upper arrived yesterday, would have had it together sooner but a TRP and a 4" 19 jumped in front of it, now I just need a mount and optic. Thanks again for the help.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#22]
If it shoots near as good as my Predator Pursuit you have done very well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top