Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2021 9:45:57 PM EDT
After what I feel is a lot of research I am left with the following questions/thoughts. Don't worry the products I am looking at are sold out. LOL
1. With mounting systems I really like the Sure-Fire QD mount system but there cans are pricey and not a quiet as others. (so I read/hear/hype-train)
2. I want to be able to use said can for my precision .308, my not as precise AR-15 .223 more precise 6.5 Grendel and future AR-10 unsure of caliber (I welcome caliber suggestions for precision)
3. Brands I like are Rugged, Surefire and a few others but I like the idea of different end caps for caliber conversions and the shorter length option like the Rugged Surge. Is this foolish?
Not trying to stir the pot just looking for constructive thoughts and or input.

4. If I have the barrel removed to get threads installed can that affect the current accuracy with my current custom/handloads ammo?

What is different between an American and Computer?
Americans don't have -trouble shooting LOL

If Glen Seekin's could just go ahead and engineer a suppressor as good as his scope rings I would not have to think about it. (Yes I am a Fan/Boy.... There I said it LOL)

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Silencers/20/
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are looking for performance and not doing a ton of rapid fire strings, I would go with a .30 Tbac and rotate it around.  If you want durability and ability to shoot rapid fire, look at the suggested Dead Air offerings.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I've used several different suppressors in my time shooting. Surefire, AAC, Silencerco, ect. If you are seeking the direct thread option it was hit on above that you will have threading issues due to the difference in the 556 / 762 thread patterns. I use surefire brakes / FH compatible with the SOCOM and can use them on all the 308/762 and below. It makes it pretty simple and you have a reduced chance of a baffle strike.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top