Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2018 11:30:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AP2020]
Lehigh Defense 300BLK Controlled Fracturing Subsonic Bullet

Lehigh Defense 300 Whisper Blackout Controlled Fracturing Subsonic Prototype Bullet 50 yard Accuracy
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#1]
What is different than their 194gr maximum expansion?
Can't watch with sound right now.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh.

I will keep using the exceptionally accurate and surprisingly efficient Fat_Mcnasty bullet. He got it figured out.

My limited supply is enough to get me through a few more years of suppressed SBR whitetail hunting.

100-yard accuracy of the Fat_Mcnasty out of the above SBR (10 rds from sandbag rest).

#Fat_Mcnasty on the far right.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
how do us peasants get sum?
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Unkydon:
Meh.

I will keep using the exceptionally accurate and surprisingly efficient Fat_Mcnasty bullet. He got it figured out.

My limited supply is enough to get me through a few more years of suppressed SBR whitetail hunting.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/125658/82786.JPG
100-yard accuracy of the Fat_Mcnasty out of the above SBR (10 rds from sandbag rest).
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/125658/82740.JPG
#Fat_Mcnasty on the far right.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/125658/82708.JPG
View Quote
Link?
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:15:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Unkydon] [#5]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:

Link?
View Quote
There is no link. #Fat_McNasty is one of the members here and he was making these.

My understanding is that he stopped after his jacket supply dried up.

You might find some of his old posts dealing with the bullet.

My point was that the problem of designing a relatively inexpensive subsonic bullet that "expands" was effectively solved by Fat_McNasty.

Here is an example of his bullets effectiveness at 1050 fps.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#6]
He may have solved the problem but if they are not available its not a very useful solution now is it?
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Hollow point copper?
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#8]
@Fat_McNasty
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mcb:
He may have solved the problem but if they are not available its not a very useful solution now is it?
View Quote
It could be useful if someone would pick up where he left off or he would start production again.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
@Fat_McNasty
View Quote
Wut?

Its a thin scored jacket, over a HP lead core.. They were just too expensive to make, many freak out at $1.50 a bullet. That's just the bullet not a loaded round..

Why so much? Well I was making it from scratch. Copper strip and lead wire. On a single stage Hydraulic press. Just the jackets required 6-7 steps before they are ready to stuff with a core. then 3 more steps.. So a LOT of time.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:41:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: firemedic2000] [#11]
Fat_McNasty I'm not even going to ask why they call you that but I wish I'd thought of that username first.

You stated thin jacket around a lead core. Then scored to allow rapid expansion. Plus a big hollow point of coarse also from looking at pics.

It seems that if someone is mechanically inclined. They could take a SMK bullet or any other thin jacketed bullet of the proper weight. Make a jig of some kind to hold bullet.

First cut enough of the tip off to allow a hollow cavity be drilled using a drill press with the jig to secure bullet. Then just score the bullet after that.

If you set everything up right you could remove the exact same amount of of the tip when cutting and also the same amount of lead when drilled to ensure. To ensure a consistent weight.

Better yet score the bullet before you cut the tip off. You could also counter sink the lead abit after drilling the hollow point cavity.

Then just cut the copper jacket all the way through in line with the scores of coarse just to the lead. Then fold the copper ends over the lead in the hollow point.

I bet depending on the depth of the scores and size of the hollow point. It could work great and maybe take less time once the routine is worked out.

You obviously have expertise in this area. Do you think that this could be done.

Oh yeah bullet could be run through a bullet pointing die to dress it up at the end.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Bullet jackets need to be scored before they're pointed up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top