Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Overtorque:
https://choose.tikka.fi/usa/code/TFTT63GL105MTB

Anyone ever handled or shot one with the adjustable stock?
View Quote

I've heard that cheek riser doesn't stay put very well. But have never shot one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Thats one sexy bitch RePp! Lets see how she performs!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is my Tikka (formerly) Superlight
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Big fan of the manners folder with elite fill.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GMZ:
It doesn’t get more portable than an SRS Covert, especially since they’re making hunter profile barrels now.

https://cdn.athlonoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2019/11/DSC_0799.jpg
View Quote

I think he indicated his funds were limited for this project.

Link Posted: 6/23/2020 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Alaskagrown:
Here is my Tikka (formerly) Superlight
https://i.imgur.com/hLIyyDK.jpg
View Quote

What are you opinions on that Oryx chassis?
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

What are you opinions on that Oryx chassis?
View Quote

I will be writing up a separate thread later this week.

I just got it all put together so far I like it.  For $400 its a good deal.  Some things I will probably change are the grip, I want something more vertical probably will pick up an mpa or mdt grip.  

Cheek riser requires an allen wrench probably will change those out with some thumb screws it takes some fidgeting to get it where you want it.  

Length of pull is adjustable by spacers and two screws in the recoil pad.  I would prefer tool-less and might have my machinist buddy do some work.  But honestly  i like being tighter so I pulled the one spacer and like where its at.  I would like height and cant adjustability but its a $400 chassis.

Bag rider would be nice, there are some 3d printed ones out there that are one piece lop spacers i am going to have one machined and see about drilling and tapping the buttstock.

I wish the polymer pieces were not inset they way they are.

I will be getting the Arca rail eventually

The Bravo is the only thing really at this price point. I wanted a full aluminum chassis and the Bravo just has the aluminum backbone.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#8]

I will be writing up a separate thread later this week.

I just got it all put together so far I like it.  For $400 its a good deal.  Some things I will probably change are the grip, I want something more vertical probably will pick up an mpa or mdt grip.  

Cheek riser requires an allen wrench probably will change those out with some thumb screws it takes some fidgeting to get it where you want it.  

Length of pull is adjustable by spacers and two screws in the recoil pad.  I would prefer tool-less and might have my machinist buddy do some work.  But honestly  i like being tighter so I pulled the one spacer and like where its at.  I would like height and cant adjustability but its a $400 chassis.

Bag rider would be nice, there are some 3d printed ones out there that are one piece lop spacers i am going to have one machined and see about drilling and tapping the buttstock.

I wish the polymer pieces were not inset they way they are.

I will be getting the Arca rail eventually

The Bravo is the only thing really at this price point. I wanted a full aluminum chassis and the Bravo just has the aluminum backbone.
View Quote

@Alaskagrown
MPA actually makes a thumbscrew/bushing setup for their risers..might just work for yours....price is right as well...

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-cheek-riser-thumb-screw-system/
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BruceLeroy:

Thats one sexy bitch RePp! Lets see how she performs!!
View Quote

I just put it together and the local range is shut down. So next weekend I'll take it and get all the ballistic data.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 1:54:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:

@Alaskagrown
MPA actually makes a thumbscrew/bushing setup for their risers..might just work for yours....price is right as well...

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-cheek-riser-thumb-screw-system/
View Quote

Oryx has them as well adjustment knobs
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 3:49:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Oryx has them as well adjustment knobs
View Quote

MPA includes the bushings if you need them...
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Too much weight n those scopes. Everyone wants a big variable. Get a fixed 6x. Call it a day   Even a 4x!
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Too much weight n those scopes. Everyone wants a big variable. Get a fixed 6x. Call it a day   Even a 4x!
View Quote

Fuck that. Wtf is the point of a precision bolt gun if you cant even see your target.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 11:53:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: minion42] [#14]
Philip Velayo is doing a VLOG series on the exact setup in my OP! But in 6.5CM.

After two videos....wow this is an impressive rifle. Confirms my original plans.

VLOG - Tikka CTR 6.5 Creedmoor - Part 1: Unboxing

VLOG - Tikka CTR 20" 6.5 Creedmoor - Part 2: Modern Day Sniper Wind Clinic
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top