Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 12:09:39 PM EDT
Ok, so I just got my MDT/Brownells chassis for the Howa Mini (Thanks mchgnxj24).  Anyway, I need to get a grip for it.  Now, I'm "less than young", and I'm not necessarily hip on the vertical pistol grip idea.  That being said, this is a shorter range fun blaster.  Anyway, MDT says not to use a grip with a beavertail.  So, I'm looking at the Ergo (original vs. tactical?), BCM Mod 0, and Magpul MOE K.  Any others I should take a look at?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a long look at MPA's bolt EVG..it was designed for shooting bolt guns accurately...

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-enhanced-vertical-grip/
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I know the vertical is supposedly the way to go, but I'm just not sure.  All my life I've only ever shot "sporter" type stocks or AR's.  This is my first chassis...
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#3]
So, while going through my stuff today, I found a Magpul MIAD.  I put in the smallest backstrap (no beavertail), so hopefully it'll fit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:22:48 AM EDT
[#4]
ERGO FLAT TOP TACTICAL DELUXE GRIP – SUREGRIP

....is what you seek
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]
MDT has 3 grips on their website and 2 are vertical which is probably because vertical is the choice for many. XLR Industries has a larger selection of 6 grips that lean more towards vertical.

Your choices are relatively cheap so buy a couple and keep the one you like.
The vertical grip is like a thumbhole stock for me, just don't like them. To each his own.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top