Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2022 8:34:27 PM EDT
A lot is mentioned about how the SWFA 10x42's started out via a contract from Crane but I can't find any pictures of them in military service from searching.
If anyone has pictures or a list of rifles they were used on, please post them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never heard that before.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Not military, but a State Department contract I was on in Afghanistan purchased about a dozen of them to mount on Barrett 95s or 99s we got in 2007 to be used as counter-IED weapons. The rifles showed up for but had no optics and the project manager solicited my input for what to get. I suggested the Super Snipers and I think GG&G rings, provided contact info for a few vendors so the company could bid them out, and the scopes and rings showed up and couple months later. Once our armorer got the scopes mounted, the Barretts got sent out to our sites country-wide, sometimes co-located with military training teams (some of our Bushmaster M4s also got 'borrowed' by military folks from time to time as well). I'll see if I've got any photos of the Barretts with the Super Snipers.

The pallet the Barretts came on also included shit ton of de-linked 1940s head stamped .50 ball.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was a contractor we had some come through the arms room in the building I worked at on rifles periodically. Another member here worked in the arms room on those rifles. They were in the wild but none of us took pics of them. Those early iPotato pics wouldn’t look real good in resolution anyway.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 1:25:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By acreativeusername:
A lot is mentioned about how the SWFA 10x42's started out via a contract from Crane but I can't find any pictures of them in military service from searching.
If anyone has pictures or a list of rifles they were used on, please post them.
View Quote

I don't know if it helps in your search, but the Navy contract was given to Tasco, who in turn subcontracted the built to contract product from a smaller manufacturer.  SWFA would buy contract over runs.  Once Tasco filed bankruptcy SWFA secured a direct deal with the factory and could make improvements and changes they couldn't make when the product was under the DoD contract.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 4:40:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
Not military, but a State Department contract I was on in Afghanistan purchased about a dozen of them to mount on Barrett 95s or 99s we got in 2007 to be used as counter-IED weapons. The rifles showed up for but had no optics and the project manager solicited my input for what to get. I suggested the Super Snipers and I think GG&G rings, provided contact info for a few vendors so the company could bid them out, and the scopes and rings showed up and couple months later. Once our armorer got the scopes mounted, the Barretts got sent out to our sites country-wide, sometimes co-located with military training teams (some of our Bushmaster M4s also got 'borrowed' by military folks from time to time as well). I'll see if I've got any photos of the Barretts with the Super Snipers.

The pallet the Barretts came on also included shit ton of de-linked 1940s head stamped .50 ball.
View Quote

An officer I was Lance Coolies with back in the day slid me a G19 from a pallet ordered for the IPA. One time I linked up with a MTT team rolling down to Basra. The captain down there was like “you need a long gun. No doubt” and sent me over to their armorer. They didnt have shit. The kid tried to give me a SAW and was very much like the door gunner in FMJ. The other choice was a 12ga. I was a trap and sporting clay champ as a teenager. I snatched up the 1014 and rolled out. Never used it.

Irrelevant to the thread but ya’ll kick started the wayback machine.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:16:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mace2364] [#6]
We had them in the 101st Airborne back in 2007-08. They were on the M14s. They may have had them before that, but that’s when I saw them(I got to Ft Campbell in 2007). I might have some pictures somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I sent a 3-9x42 Super Sniper in a La Rue mount with my son when he deployed to Iraq
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top