Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2018 5:54:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: x615billy]
I am thinking about buying 100 of the .308 Peterson brass instead of lapua brass and just wanted to get some opinions on petereson brass vs lapua brass or even more commercial brass such as Winchester
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a lot of brass hitting the market right now.  Lapua being the benchmark for quality.

I've become a big fan of Alpha Munitions.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
To revive an old thread... any updates on Peterson brass!?
also, anyone have a source for Winchester Creedmoor brass? Its been some of the best brass I've tried but can only get it in loaded ammo.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
To revive an old thread... any updates on Peterson brass!?
also, anyone have a source for Winchester Creedmoor brass? Its been some of the best brass I've tried but can only get it in loaded ammo.
View Quote
The factory Winchester brass I've seen looked suspiciously like hornady brass.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
The factory Winchester brass I've seen looked suspiciously like hornady brass.
View Quote
It could be now. The stuff I have is a few years old and I'm on reload number 5 with fairly hot loads and it's still going strong.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:44:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FROST18E] [#6]
Lapua 338 Norma Magnum brass is still unavailable, so I purchased some Peterson 338 NM brass instead (100 pieces) it came packaged in a nice plastic ammo box (50 per box) that can be used for your loaded rounds, and the neck thickness had a variation of only +/- .001" and is as thick or thicker than Lapua.  Peterson is thicker (like Lapua) than most brass offerings and the company actually sends a note in the box saying as much and recommending you drop your go-to load a bit and work up again because of it.  I'm hopefully heading to the range tomorrow to break the 338NM's cherry and do an OCW if it doesn't rain.

edited 10/13: fired the first four rounds today and had to stop. Looked like an oversized chamber. After some research discovered Peterson made their first run of brass out of spec and knowingly.  Have an email into them, hopefully they will make things right....

UPDATE 10/15/2018: I was contacted by Derek Peterson who said he will do the exchange with me once they have finished manufacturing the cases. He advised it would be around December or January, but I'm okay with that, Peterson brass is the most consistent and nicely packed brass I've ever seen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top