Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2021 11:23:44 AM EDT
Mornin’ folks. Does anybody have experience with their 107 gr 6CM? It’s available, but the manufacturer of the rifle I’m looking at has only used FGMM 105 and Hornady 108 ELD-M in testing. With the current ammo situation I’d like to get something in hand prior to getting the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#1]
No reason it shouldn’t work fine.

What rifle?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got mine in but won’t be able to shoot for a while. There stuff seems to generally have a good rep so I took the chance.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dominion21:
No reason it shouldn’t work fine.

What rifle?
View Quote

I’m looking at a Masterpiece Arms PMR Pro.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:11:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MSC182] [#4]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
I just got mine in but won’t be able to shoot for a while. There stuff seems to generally have a good rep so I took the chance.
View Quote

That’s where I am. The current ammo situation is also pushing me into the “buy it while I can” camp.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
That was my exact reasoning. I wish I knew how it shot I’d buy more.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:41:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm currently away so I might not be able to post pictures but in my "budget" 6creed howa build it shoots a consistent .4-.6" with slow 10 shot groups. In my rifle it actually outshoots the 105gr GMM, and exactly the same as the 107gr GMM, with an almost identical poi. I quite like the prime ammo, it used to be cheaper and more available than the fGMM, and the brass is suprisingly good quality
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#7]
The only issue I’ve found with the Prime 107 RUAG brass is the neck diameter is .275-.2755”, which can cause chambering issues if you have a custom build. Most of the other factory 6creed has a neck <.273”. I went ahead and bought a Proof prefit to shoot the remaining ammo I bought since my reamers have a .275” neck. I hope it shoots good with the longer SAAMI freebore.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#8]
OST

I picked up a barrel a couple weeks ago, but haven't had an opportunity to go to the range yet. 6mm creed is the only ammo you can still find around me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:49:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SuperJlarge:
The only issue I’ve found with the Prime 107 RUAG brass is the neck diameter is .275-.2755”, which can cause chambering issues if you have a custom build. Most of the other factory 6creed has a neck <.273”. I went ahead and bought a Proof prefit to shoot the remaining ammo I bought since my reamers have a .275” neck. I hope it shoots good with the longer SAAMI freebore.

https://i.imgur.com/QXQzqap.jpg
View Quote

Thats the accuracy Ive been seeing with it, and I can (or could) find out for an unbeatable price. Like sub 1$ a round
Ive also found that groups tent to pattern horizontally, with 5, 10, and 30 shot groups having remarkably low vertical distribution
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top